Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March - Round 1 - Group 8
2020-03-17 13:08:33 UTC

Sunny Land - Elmore James

I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter

Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins

I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids

SavoyBG
2020-03-17 13:09:05 UTC

1. I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids
2. Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins
3. Sunny Land - Elmore James
4. I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter
DianeE
2020-03-17 13:34:53 UTC
"I Can't Refuse" by The Orchids seems to be the same song as "You Know I
Can't Refuse" by The Five Dollars on Fortune. Both are listed as 1955.
Which one is the cover?

1-Sunny Land - Elmore James
2-I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter
3-I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids
4-Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins
Steve Mc
2020-03-17 14:12:40 UTC
1- I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter

2- Sunny Land - Elmore James

3- Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins

4- I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids

2020-03-17 14:12:02 UTC
I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter
I Can¹t Refuse - The Orchids
2020-03-17 14:12:15 UTC
I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter
I Can't Refuse - The Orchids
Sunny Land - Elmore James
Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins

2020-03-17 14:32:58 UTC

4- I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids
Carl
2020-03-17 14:49:49 UTC
1. I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids
Rick Schubert
2020-03-17 16:49:32 UTC
1. I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids
Dennis C
2020-03-17 17:00:15 UTC
1- Orchids

2- Goree Carter

3- Shorty Muggins

4- Elmore James
SavoyBG
2020-03-17 19:55:35 UTC

1. I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter - 27
2. I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids - 26

3. Sunny Land - Elmore James - 21
4. Got A Great Big Shovel - Shorty Muggins - 16

Jim's Goree Carter takes the group followed closely by Carl's Orchids. Diane's Elmo and my Shorty are out.
SavoyBG
2020-03-17 19:58:51 UTC
So, everybody but Mark has joined the SWEET SIXTEEN Party, led by Diane with 4 items here.

Goin' Down - Fats Matthews (Jim)
Any Other Way - Jackie Shane (Bruce)
Rain Or Shine - Big Mike (Carl)
The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page (Steve)
Big Town Playboy - Eddie Taylor (Bruce)
Across The Track - Robert Parker (Diane)
I Had To Let You Go - Hepsters (Rick)
Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes (Carl)
Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont (Diane)
Slow Down - Jack Earls (Steve)
Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims (Roger)
Ooh Bah Baby - Midnighters (Diane)
So Lonely Baby - The Five Stars (Diane)
Nothing But Money - Jessie Knight (Roger)
I'm Your Boogie Man - Goree Carter (Jim)
I Can’t Refuse - The Orchids (Carl)