Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March 2021 - Round 1 - Group 7
2021-03-16 10:31:08 UTC
2021-03-16 14:39:03 UTC

2021-03-16 14:39:37 UTC

2021-03-16 14:52:54 UTC

2021-03-16 14:58:04 UTC
2021-03-16 14:58:42 UTC

2021-03-16 15:02:37 UTC
2021-03-16 15:35:07 UTC
4-You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss
The Moss is sure divisive. Way too much hiccuping for my taste.

2021-03-16 15:40:30 UTC
1-Dimples - John Lee Hooker
2-Country Boogie - Elmore James
3-The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You and Diane, two Brooklynites who definitely did not get the rockabilly gene.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-16 15:50:19 UTC
1- John Lee Hooker

2- Elmore James

3- The Cadillacs

4- Roy Moss
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-16 15:53:05 UTC
Post by Dennis C from Tennessee
1- John Lee Hooker
2- Elmore James
3- The Cadillacs
4- Roy Moss
Dennis puts the poor white guy last.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-16 15:55:47 UTC
You and Diane, two Brooklynites who definitely did not get the rockabilly gene.
Just like every style of music, some rockabilly is good and some like this is not!!

The pudding is way over egged here and makes a cartoonish characarure of the genre.

It's like Garth Brooks' recordings! You don't have to twang avery other word you fat dumbass!!
DianeE
2021-03-16 17:02:48 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
You and Diane, two Brooklynites who definitely did not get the rockabilly gene.
Just like every style of music, some rockabilly is good and some like this is not!!
The pudding is way over egged here and makes a cartoonish characarure of the genre.
It's like Garth Brooks' recordings! You don't have to twang avery other word you fat dumbass!!
------------
Exactly, it's like if someone set out to make a parody of the rockabilly
genre.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-16 17:22:12 UTC

1. Dimples - John Lee Hooker - 30
2. You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss - 22

3. The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs - 20
4. Country Boogie - Elmore James - 18

Diane's Dimples wins the group easily. Shockingly Big Baby takes second 2 points above Mark's Caddys. I would have bet pretty big money that the Cads would finish ahead of the Roy Moss. Looks like several of the non NY area people did not think much of the Cads popish ballad. Steve's EJ is last.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-16 18:25:14 UTC
The hiccupping is a big part of real rockabilly. As for why, I couldn't tell you.

Probably from Pappy's corn squeezin's, baby!!
Jim Colegrove
2021-03-16 23:23:57 UTC
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 11:25:14 -0700 (PDT), Dennis C from Tennessee
Post by ***@aol.com
The hiccupping is a big part of real rockabilly. As for why, I couldn't tell you.
Probably from Pappy's corn squeezin's, baby!!
Listen to Charlie Feathers records.

DianeE
2021-03-16 18:43:37 UTC
1. Dimples - John Lee Hooker - 30
2. You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss - 22
3. The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs - 20
4. Country Boogie - Elmore James - 18
Diane's Dimples wins the group easily. Shockingly Big Baby takes second 2 points above Mark's Caddys. I would have bet pretty big money that the Cads would finish ahead of the Roy Moss. Looks like several of the non NY area people did not think much of the Cads popish ballad. Steve's EJ is last.
------------
It was Elmore's first and best blues instrumental, but except for the
very first month of this tournament instrumentals have not done well here.
md
2021-03-16 16:06:38 UTC
1-Dimples - John Lee Hooker
2-Country Boogie - Elmore James
3-The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
4-You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss
The Moss is sure divisive. Way too much hiccuping for my taste.
You and Diane, two Brooklynites who definitely did not get the rockabill
gene.
I'm probably a bit less adverse than Diane, but the genre as a whole jus
doesn't do much for me, especially when narrowly defined as it has been in th
group.

And why, aside from imitating the very early Elvis, all the hiccuping?

2021-03-16 17:17:14 UTC
1-Dimples - John Lee Hooker
2-Country Boogie - Elmore James
3-The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
4-You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss
The Moss is sure divisive. Way too much hiccuping for my taste.
You and Diane, two Brooklynites who definitely did not get the rockabilly gene.
I'm probably a bit less adverse than Diane, but the genre as a whole just
doesn't do much for me, especially when narrowly defined as it has been in the
md
2021-03-16 15:33:44 UTC
The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs
Dimples - John Lee Hooker