Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp Edition (1960-1963) - Round 2 - Group 4
2019-06-19 14:24:51 UTC

Let's see which two things from here will join the other 6 items in the ELITE EIGHT!

I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

Oye Como Va - Tito Puente

The Time Is Here - Solitaires

My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

SavoyBG
2019-06-19 14:26:43 UTC
DIANE'S RANKINGS

1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
2. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
3. The Time Is Here - Solitaires
4. Oye Como Va - Tito Puente

The top 3 here were all in Diane's top 5 for the 16 items in this round.
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 14:31:26 UTC

1. Oye Como Va - Tito Puente
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
4. The Time Is Here - Solitaires
Steve Mc
2019-06-19 15:15:18 UTC
1. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

2. The Time Is Here - Solitaires

3. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

4. Oye Como Va - Tito Puente

2019-06-19 14:41:14 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/JlehkBXZgEU
2 The Time Is Here - Solitaires
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/ZMl-5_HhPvE
3 Oye Como Va - Tito Puente
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/77yhzpK8jSU
4 I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
http://youtu.be/vconhb0yQzg
Dennis C
2019-06-19 15:01:04 UTC
1- Nathaniel Mayer

2- J.B. Lenoir

3- Tito Puente

4- Solitaires
Mark Dintenfass
2019-06-19 15:07:33 UTC
The Time Is Here - Solitaires
I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
2019-06-19 15:37:25 UTC
Nathaniel Mayer
The Solitaires
Tito Puento
JB Lenoir

Tough round. The top 3 all beat the Five Keys in the last round and JB would’ve come in 2nd for me.
OleManRiver
2019-06-19 16:39:59 UTC
1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
2. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
3. Oye Como Va - Tito Puente
4. The Time Is Here - Solitaires
Dennis C
2019-06-19 17:20:36 UTC
Oye Au Revoir perhaps?
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 17:42:28 UTC
Oye Au Revoir perhaps?
Looks that way. I'm happy with it getting to the SWEET SIXTEEN.
Roger Ford
2019-06-19 17:51:33 UTC
Oye Au Revoir perhaps?
Perhaps there IS a God after all!

2019-06-19 19:13:58 UTC
Perhaps there IS a God after all!!

Your Puente is well taken, Rog!!!
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 19:32:11 UTC
We need Rick's ballot to finish up, but nothing can change. Mayer will win easily with Lenoir second. The Solitaires will be third and Tito brings up the rear.
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 19:34:32 UTC
We need Rick's ballot to finish up, but nothing can change. Mayer will win easily with Lenoir second. The Solitaires will be third and Tito brings up the rear.
And Rick was posting his ballot as I typed the above.

FINAL RANKINGS

1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 41
2. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir - 32

3. The Time Is Here - Solitaires - 27
4. Oye Como Va - Tito Puente - 20
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 19:39:34 UTC
Here are the ELITE EIGHT with their scores from this round:

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 39
2. Been A Long Time - Five Quails - 33

1. Oogsey Moo - Jessie Hill - 38
2. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown - 31

1. Stop Your Crying - Five Keys - 37
2. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers - 31

1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 41
2. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir - 32

The 4 winners all won their group easily so I would suspect that one of them will win the whole thing. But maybe not. stranger things have happened.

Let's see the count on whose records are left.

Bruce - 2
Frank - 2
Steve - 2
Bill - 1
Diane - 1
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 19:55:20 UTC
Okay, the ELITE EIGHT Has been split into 2 groups of 4 each. With 3 of us each having 2 records left it was complicated, but nobody will face his own record yet and none of the records will face a record that it just met in the last round. There are a couple of instances where two records who met already in round 1 are meeting again, but that could not be avoided.
Bob Roman
2019-06-19 18:03:01 UTC
1. JB Lenoir
2. Nathaniel Mayer