Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March 2021 - Round 1 - Group 8
2021-03-17 00:29:36 UTC
Wed. March 17 2021
No parade :(
No bagpipes! :)
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-17 13:54:21 UTC

Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris

Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls

Drive It Home - Hal Paige

Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes

Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-17 13:54:57 UTC

1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige
Steve Mc
2021-03-17 14:28:05 UTC
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls

2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris

3. Drive It Home - Hal Paige

4. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes

2021-03-17 14:10:30 UTC
1-Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
2-Drive It Home - Hal Paige
3-Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls
4-Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes
Rick Schubert
2021-03-17 14:13:56 UTC
1. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes
2. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls
3. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-17 14:30:08 UTC
1- The Dominoes ( No fucked up hiccuping from the amzing Mr. Ward, baby!!!)

2- Pearls

3- Wynonie Harris

4- Hal Paige
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-17 14:55:45 UTC
1- The Dominoes ( No fucked up hiccupping from the amazing Mr. Ward, baby!!!)
Mr. Ward rarely did any singing, he just ran the group. And only white hillbillies like you did the hiccupping.
Roger Ford

2021-03-17 15:05:22 UTC

Carl
2021-03-17 16:23:25 UTC
4. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-17 16:31:24 UTC

1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26

3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16

Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's Butter Churner second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige will be driving home to stay.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-17 16:34:02 UTC
Here are the Sweet 16 for round 2 which starts tomorrow.

Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry (Roger)
House Party - Amos Milburn (Bruce)
Rock And Roll Ruby - Warren Smith (Bruce)
Rub A Little Boogie - Jack Dupree (Roger)
Blue Days Black Nights - Buddy Holly (Steve)
The Girl Around the Corner - Lee Andrews and the Hearts (Mark)
Baby Let's Make Some Love - Penguins (Bruce)
Miss You So - Lillian Offitt (Mark)
Raw Deal - Junior Thompson (Diane)
Ain't Got No Home - Clarence Henry (Roger)
What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims (Roger)
It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis (Mark)
Dimples - John Lee Hooker (Diane)
You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss (Carl)
Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls (Bruce)
Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris (Steve)

Bruce - 4
Roger - 4
Mark - 3
Steve - 2
Diane - 2
Carl - 1
Rick Schubert
2021-03-17 21:43:19 UTC
[...]
Not surprisingly, all 16 songs were "second change" songs from Roger's Battles.

Of the 6 songs that were new, 2 of them came in third, and the other 4 came in fourth. The 2
third-place finishers were:

3. Keep A Rockin' - The Champions - 21
3. Where You At Jack? - Little Mummy - 19

Both beat our other new songs (both of them mine).

BTW, I'm not complaining. I just find the stats interesting. I'm use to losing, anyway.
Jim Colegrove
I find them interesting, as well. Rick, you're no loser.
Steve Mc
2021-03-17 19:32:54 UTC
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16
Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's Butter Churner second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige will be driving home to stay.
Damn, if I would've put my Wynonie first, I would've won. Ok, enough of
trying to cheer Bill up.

2021-03-18 03:25:20 UTC
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16
Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's Butter Churne
second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige will be driving home t
stay.
I really thought a fine Jackie Wilson lead (that is him, isn't it?) would d
better.

2021-03-18 03:57:25 UTC
*-* On Wed, 17 Mar 2021, at 22:25:20 -0500,
*-* In Article <fM2dnbey5KW9Vc_9nZ2dnUU7-***@supernews.com>,
*-* md wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March 2021 - Round 1 -
Group 8
Post by md
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16
Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's
Butter Churner second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige
will be driving home to stay.
I really thought a fine Jackie Wilson lead (that is him, isn't it?)
would do better.
According to Marv Goldberg, yes.

<http://www.uncamarvy.com/Dominoes/dom02.html>

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
DianeE
2021-03-18 10:24:33 UTC
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16
Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's Butter Churner
second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige will be driving home to
stay.
I really thought a fine Jackie Wilson lead (that is him, isn't it?) would do
better.
-----------------
At one point I nominated "Love Me Now Or Let Me Go" which I like a lot
better, and it didn't do well either.
Roger Ford
2021-03-18 11:15:19 UTC
1. Let's You And I Go Steady - Pearls - 27
2. Keep On Churnin' - Wynonie Harris - 26
3. Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes - 21
4. Drive It Home - Hal Paige - 16
Thanks' to Carl's ballot, my Pearls win the group with Steve's Butter Churner
second. Marks' Dominoes is third. Diane's Hal Paige will be driving home to
stay.
I really thought a fine Jackie Wilson lead (that is him, isn't it?) would do
better.
From my post 8/3/21
Give Me You - Billy Ward and the Dominoes
http://youtu.be/R8pUtgh8X5c
Recorded January 6 1955 the Jackie Wilson-led "Give Me You" headed a
four-song session for Federal (which also included the contrived
"Can't Do Sixty No More"). That last title was first to be released
later in the month whereas the much better "Give Me You" had to wait
till September