Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - July - Round 2 - Group 4
2020-07-22 13:03:40 UTC

2020-07-22 13:04:56 UTC

2020-07-22 13:23:04 UTC

2020-07-22 13:24:40 UTC
2020-07-22 13:36:17 UTC
2020-07-22 13:47:03 UTC

2020-07-22 13:48:19 UTC

2020-07-22 14:09:21 UTC
Miss You So - Tiny Topsy
Ooh-Ow - The Four Buddies
Freeway Boogie - Robert Smith
2020-07-22 15:02:35 UTC
1- Nolan Strong and the Diablos

2- Tiny Topsy

3- Robert Smith

4- Four Buddies

* One of the delights I've had while engaging in these contests is learning what a vocal force Nolan Strong was!!
Maybe best tenor of the decade, baby!!
Rick Schubert
2020-07-22 15:33:45 UTC
1. You Are - Nolan Strong & Diablos
2. Ooh-Ow - The Four Buddies
3. Freeway Boogie - Robert Smith
4. Miss You So - Tiny Topsy
SavoyBG
2020-07-22 16:05:16 UTC

1. You Are - Nolan Strong & Diablos - 28
2. Freeway Boogie - Robert Smith - 25

3. Ooh-Ow - The Four Buddies - 20
4. Miss You So - Tiny Topsy - 17

Roger's go to aact takes first place and Jim's Bob Smith also advances into the ELITE EIGHT where Jim has 3 items!

Diane's 4B takes third and Mark's Topsy brings up the rear.
SavoyBG
2020-07-22 16:06:56 UTC
The ELITE EIGHT this month will be the Jim, Roger and Steve Show, with Carl sneaking one in too.

Baby Beat It - Big Duke (Jim)
Come On Come On Come On - Tiny Topsy (Steve)
Cool,Cool Baby - Magic Tones (Roger)
She's Mine All Mine - Arthur Gunter (Carl)
My Baby Don't Rock - Luke McDaniel (Steve)
50 Dyna-Flow - Jack Cooley (Jim)
You Are - Nolan Strong & Diablos (Roger)
Freeway Boogie - Robert Smith (Jim)
RWC
2020-07-22 17:21:32 UTC
1. You Are - Nolan Strong & Diablos - 28
With 9 players ranking 4 songs, with top 2 advancing, reaching a score
of 28 guarantees advancement since no 3rd place can ever reach 28.
Consider this extreme case: 27 27 27 9 = 90

Further, as the votes come in, an item is guaranteed to advance if the
running score is >= 28 - (number of votes to come)
Post by SavoyBG
The other way {to settle a tie break} is to see which record had the most first place votes
If this simpler method is used and if 4 first places have been
achieved so far, 28 can be replaced with 27 in the above formula.
SavoyBG
2020-07-22 18:07:01 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
The other way {to settle a tie break} is to see which record had the most first place votes
If this simpler method is used and if 4 first places have been
achieved so far, 28 can be replaced with 27 in the above formula.
The formula I use is the same as if I repolled the voters and asked which one of the two is better. That's why I like to have an odd number of voters. If there's an even number of voters and that first stage is still tied, then I go to what you are referring to.