Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - Round 1 - Group 5
2019-04-12 03:09:33 UTC

The Dummy - Art Neville

I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens

Come Back My Love - Solitaires

Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales

SavoyBG
2019-04-12 03:16:16 UTC

1. Come Back My Love - Solitaires
2. The Dummy - Art Neville
3. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
4. I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens

By the way, with Geoff's twat move of refusing to vote now because he disagrees with our results, coupled with his disdain of the Art Neville record in this group, I move that he henceforth shall be known here as "The Dummy."
RWC
2019-04-12 04:35:25 UTC
By the way, with Geoff's move of refusing to vote, I move that he henceforth shall be known here as "The Dummy."
I'm a dummy but identify as a genius. Does that make me trans-intellectual?

If you are woke, you will no longer refer to me as the dummy.

:-)
SavoyBG
2019-04-12 06:00:53 UTC
No, it makes you delusional.
RWC
2019-04-12 08:32:09 UTC
By the way, with Geoff's move of refusing to vote, I move that he henceforth shall be known here as "The Dummy."
I'm a dummy but identify as a genius. Does that make me trans-intellectual?
No, it makes you delusional.
I don't want healing and compassion through the power of Jesus, thank you very
much.
RWC
2019-04-12 09:37:46 UTC
By the way, with Geoff's move of refusing to vote, I move that he henceforth shall be known here as "The Dummy."
I'm a dummy but identify as a genius. Does that make me trans-intellectual?
No, it makes you delusional.
I don't want healing and compassion through the power of Jesus, thank you very
much.
Sorry to be a bit short with you, Bruce, I was in a vexed mood because I
couldn't find my "Best of Ghetto Surf" album.
Dennis C
2019-04-12 14:35:14 UTC
Hahah!!

Sorry I didn't risably respond to your "Best of Ghetto Surf Album sooner Geoff!!

Keep searching my man but I,m not straing my pulmonary vacuoles waiting,baby!!
Rick Schubert
2019-04-12 03:20:00 UTC
1. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
2. Come Back My Love - Solitaires
3. The Dummy - Art Neville
4. I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens
Jim Colegrove
2019-04-12 03:37:17 UTC
1. I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens

2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales

3. The Dummy - Art Neville

4. Come Back My Love - Solitaires
Roger Ford

2019-04-12 10:56:43 UTC
1-Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales

2-Come Back My Love - Solitaires

3-I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens

4-The Dummy - Art Neville
Bill B
2019-04-12 11:16:19 UTC
All just about evenly matched.

4 The Dummy - Art Neville
DianeE
So there's at least *one* thing we agree on!
OleManRiver
2019-04-12 11:46:59 UTC
Steve Mc

2019-04-12 14:52:43 UTC

1. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 33
2. Come Back My Love - Solitaires - 30

3. The Dummy - Art Neville - 25
4. I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens - 22

The 5 Royales and Solitaires advance. Big Art and Little Jimmy are out.
Bob Roman
2019-04-12 17:48:40 UTC
What! This isn't how I voted. My votes didn't "distort the results" even slightly. I guess it's time for me to pack it in.

2019-04-12 17:52:16 UTC
LOL
SavoyBG
2019-04-12 17:54:45 UTC
I wasn't happy with the T-Bone Walker winning the Feb tournament, but that's the way it goes. It won fair and square according to the voters here.
Bob Roman
2019-04-12 20:55:15 UTC
When I was nine, I was fishing with my Uncle Roy Bower, when he suddenly smacked his forehead. Told me to cut my line. He just remembered it was election day.

That was '72, Nixon versus McGovern. No contest, really, but Roy had been to Vietnam. He hated Nixon.

After he voted, he put his arm around my shoulder. "Well," he said, "guess I showed him."

--Northern Exposure, season 3, episode 15 -- "Democracy in America" (February 24, 1992)

Sometimes not being on the winning side is the best reason to vote.

2019-04-12 21:21:01 UTC
Kennedy got us into Vietnam and Lyndon Baines escalated it and John Cullom who was in "Northern Exposure" was the 4th best a actor from Knoxville behind Jerome Courtland, Polly Bergen, and David Keith.

But good to hear your perspective, Bobby!!
Jim Colegrove
2019-04-13 15:20:01 UTC
Kennedy got us into Vietnam and Lyndon Baines escalated it and John Cullom who was in "Northern Exposure" was the 4th best a actor from Knoxville behind Jerome Courtland, Polly Bergen, and David Keith.
But good to hear your perspective, Bobby!!
Perspectives are interesting with respect to where one stands in one's
point of view. As to your initial point of view, "Kennedy got us into
Vietnam.":

It is clear that history states that Eisenhower did not agree with the
Geneva Accords which enacted a seperation of North and South Vietnam
and was signed by France and North Vietnam. He created the Southeast
Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), which was put into place to stop
Communist influence in Southeast Asia. The people of the south chose
Ngo Dinh Diem as their ruler and Ho Chi Minh ruled the north. Diem
refused to go along with the planned elections in 1956 to unite the
nation so the Vietminh members in the south created the Viet Cong and
the war between north and south for control of the country began.

Kennedy only sent more advisors and machinery, but did not send over
more troops. In 1963, Kennedy focused his attention into supporting a
coup to overthrow Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother, who was believed to
be a negative influence in the war. Not too long after, Diem and his
brother were killed. Kennedy's involvement in the war ended three
weeks after their death when he was assassinated.
Dennis C
2019-04-13 16:01:19 UTC
Colegrove!!!

Why am I always putout over your input!??

Facts, like Aretha Franklin and Peyton Manning are overrated, baby!!
Jim Colegrove
2019-04-13 18:03:07 UTC
Colegrove!!!
Why am I always putout over your input!??
Facts, like Aretha Franklin and Peyton Manning are overrated, baby!!
You are a great sport!

Bob Roman
2019-04-12 12:29:05 UTC
1. Little Jimmy
2. Brother Art
3. Royal Five
4. Solitaires

2019-04-12 13:18:24 UTC
Four bread heels this grouping but here goes:

1- Solitaires

2- Little Jimmy

3- Art Neville

4- 5 Royals
Dennis C
2019-04-12 13:25:15 UTC
Oh, by the way!!

The disdain for the Neville record is exceedingly justified!!

Wouldn't pay a quarter to see any of the Nevilles if they were playing across the street!!

Brand and Chamberlain were better Nevilles, baby!!
Mark Dintenfass