A First For Me
2020-01-28 12:30:06 UTC
For the first time since the Obscurities contests began, I can't get a song from them out of my head days after the contest- "My Indian Red" by Danny Barker.

Maybe that's because I had previously heard it on "Treme," but I don't recall doing so.

Maybe it's just because it's good.
Mark Dintenfass
2020-01-28 13:21:18 UTC
For the first time since the Obscurities contests began, I can't get a song
from them out of my head days after the contest- "My Indian Red" by Danny
Barker.
Maybe that's because I had previously heard it on "Treme," but I don't recall doing so.
Maybe it's just because it's good.
It's definitely an earworm. It crawled into my skull because of "Treme"
and never left--often accompanied by a sharp memory of that last
episode of season one when the "chief" (played by the great Clarke
Peters) dons his feathered gear, gathers his crew, and goes out into
the streets.
2020-01-28 18:01:18 UTC
For the first time since the Obscurities contests began, I can't get a song
from them out of my head days after the contest- "My Indian Red" by Danny
Barker.
Maybe that's because I had previously heard it on "Treme," but I don't recall doing so.
Maybe it's just because it's good.
It's definitely an earworm. It crawled into my skull because of "Treme"
and never left--often accompanied by a sharp memory of that last
episode of season one when the "chief" (played by the great Clarke
Peters) dons his feathered gear, gathers his crew, and goes out into
the streets.
The Big Chief was my favorite character on that show, where almost all
the main characters were not at all likable. When he got sick and it
was clear they were going to kill him off, I stopped watching it.
SavoyBG
2020-01-28 15:19:37 UTC
For the first time since the Obscurities contests began, I can't get a song from them out of my head days after the contest- "My Indian Red" by Danny Barker.
Thank to Brucie!