Let's "Party" - Vol 11 - Instrumentals, part 1
2021-05-28 18:00:06 UTC
To date, some records have been bypassed just because they're an
instrumental.

I now backtrack, to list some of the best 'party' instrumentals.

The Fireballs {New Mexico} - Quite A Party [Warwick 644] - 1961

with pleasing simplicity, the lead guitar and percussion rule

OT The Boss Martians {Seattle} - Hangar Party Stomp
[LP Hillsdale 'The Jetaway Sounds of ...] - 1995

sax by Jason Nelson

The Astronauts {Boulder, CO} - Surf Party [RCA 8298] - 1964

"such a nice song, drips with that Fender sound"

The Ramrods - War Party [Barclay] - 1964

despite the suppressed/distorted guitar sound, this track is mesmeric

OT The Diamondheads {Baltimore} - Neanderthal Beach Party [LP] - 2006

Ritchie and the Squires - Beat Party Pt. I [A 106A] - 1960

both sides infused with sax
Pt. II

The Rock-A-Fellas - Night Party [Coed 512;;NYC] - 1959

lotsa sax

The Sons Of The Piltdown Men - Be A Party
[UK Pye Int. 7N.25206;b-side] - 1963

yet more sax

a warning for conservative r&b fans - the music gets wild beyond
this point:

The Tornados {Woodruff, WI} - Scalping Party [Cuca J. 1092] - 1962

OT Hawaii Samurai {France} - Psycho Beach Party [LP] - 2005

Sav...@aol.com
2021-05-28 21:10:01 UTC
Yes, one thing that is EXTREMELY important with an instrumental, is the title!

YOU STUPID BASTARD!
RWC
2021-05-29 14:40:15 UTC
To date, some records have been bypassed just because they're an
instrumental.
I should have added:
together with the fact I have an Instrumentals series (vol 1-36)
still in play.
Post by RWC
{But I have decided to} backtrack, to list some of the best 'party' instrumentals
{ - without waiting to add them to the Instrumentals series}.