Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January 2021 - Round 1 - Group 3
2021-01-06 11:35:29 UTC
Wed. Jan. 6 2021
DianeE
2021-01-06 11:38:35 UTC
Wed. Jan. 6 2021
----------
BTW, Roger, I miss your annotations. I figure you're not posting them
because we have no prelims this month but I'd still like to read them if
it's not too much trouble.
Roger Ford
2021-01-06 12:21:03 UTC
Wed. Jan. 6 2021
----------
BTW, Roger, I miss your annotations. I figure you're not posting them
because we have no prelims this month but I'd still like to read them if
it's not too much trouble.
Sorry but they were taking too much time up to compile

2021-01-06 14:27:44 UTC

Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp

Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield

Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong

I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-06 14:28:25 UTC

1. Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong
2. Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield
3. I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir
4. Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
Steve Mc
2021-01-06 15:23:57 UTC
1. Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong

2. Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp

3. Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield

4. I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir

2021-01-06 14:39:12 UTC
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Roger, if you had nominated the alternate version that came out on an album in 1963....

...I would have ranked it first in this group and it would have been one of the 2 best records in this tournament IMO.
Steve Mc
2021-01-06 15:04:04 UTC
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Roger, if you had nominated the alternate version that came out on an album in 1963....
http://youtu.be/GvyJ90UpRgY
...I would have ranked it first in this group and it would have been one of the 2 best records in this tournament IMO.
Maybe it's not the same thing, but didn't you say initailly that
alternates of Roger's battles were not eligible ?

Yes, but the song was never in any battle, either version. He could have chosen to pout the alternate in rather than the 45 version.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-06 15:26:33 UTC
1- Nolan Strong and the Diablos

2- Smoki Whitfield

3- J.B. Lenoir

4- Pat Cupp
Steve Mc
2021-01-06 15:27:22 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Roger, if you had nominated the alternate version that came out on an album in 1963....
http://youtu.be/GvyJ90UpRgY
...I would have ranked it first in this group and it would have been one of the 2 best records in this tournament IMO.
Maybe it's not the same thing, but didn't you say initailly that
alternates of Roger's battles were not eligible ?
Yes, but the song was never in any battle, either version. He could have chosen to pout the alternate in rather than the 45 version.
OK, gottit.

And while I'm here, same thing with Don't Fuck Around With Love because
Don't Mess Around with Love was in the battle, correct ?

Yes.
DianeE
Don't *Play* Around With Love, isn't it?
Steve Mc
2021-01-06 18:41:29 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by Steve Mc
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Roger, if you had nominated the alternate version that came out on
an album in 1963....
http://youtu.be/GvyJ90UpRgY
...I would have ranked it first in this group and it would have
been one of the 2 best records in this tournament IMO.
Maybe it's not the same thing, but didn't you say initailly that
alternates of Roger's battles were not eligible ?
Yes, but the song was never in any battle, either version. He could
have chosen to pout the alternate in rather than the 45 version.
OK, gottit.
And while I'm here, same thing with Don't Fuck Around With Love because
Don't Mess Around with Love was in the battle, correct ?
Yes.
------
Don't *Play* Around With Love, isn't it?
You're right. I MESSED up.

2021-01-06 15:49:29 UTC
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Roger, if you had nominated the alternate version that came out on an album in 1963....
http://youtu.be/GvyJ90UpRgY
...I would have ranked it first in this group and it would have been one of the 2 best records in this tournament IMO.
Yep,better still version that I'd forgotten about to be honest or I'd
have chose it

2021-01-06 14:48:54 UTC
1-Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield
2-Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong
3-I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir
4-Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
Roger Ford

2021-01-06 16:30:19 UTC
Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
http://youtu.be/2W6Apa8xPpI
Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield
http://youtu.be/smWj5Xqeirw
Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong
http://youtu.be/ERUdbTylLIo
I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir
http://youtu.be/yeqITByXajU
JB Lenoir
The Diablos
Pat Cupp
Smoki Whitfield
Rick Schubert
2021-01-06 16:59:01 UTC
1. Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong
2. I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir
3. Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield
4. Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp
DianeE
2021-01-06 21:09:37 UTC
Diablos 30

Smoki Whitfield 18

J.B. Lenoir 17

Pat Cupp 15
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-06 21:38:45 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as me and Dennis

1. Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong - 30
2. Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield - 18

3. I Lost My Baby - JB Lenoir - 17
4. Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp - 15

Rick's Diablos romps to the win, Roger missed that one. Diane's Smoki takes second and also advances. Carl's JB and Roger's Cup to drink it in are gone.
Jim Colegrove