Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - Round 2 - Group 1
2019-04-14 06:14:51 UTC

Come Back My Love - Solitaires

Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page

When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee

Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

SavoyBG
2019-04-14 06:19:02 UTC

1. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
3. Come Back My Love - Solitaires
4. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page
Roger Ford
2019-04-14 06:33:34 UTC

2019-04-14 12:45:45 UTC
1 Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/kSUgplCvdmk
2 Come Back My Love - Solitaires
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/hXj9baksHs0
3 When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee
http://youtu.be/bmHit4fsjsk
http://youtu.be/G0Ag9Xz5yNM
Bob Roman
2019-04-14 12:51:20 UTC
1. Page
2. Solitaires
3. McGhee
4. Millet

I don't understand Geoff's reason for not playing, but this round I understand Ken's.

2019-04-14 13:36:54 UTC
1- "Last Call for Alchohol" This second cousin to Drinkin Wine Spoder Odee" might just win this sumbitch, baby!!

2- "Come Back My Love"

3- "Rich Woman"

4 "When it's Love Time"
SavoyBG
2019-04-14 14:42:31 UTC
4 "When it's Love Time"
What kind of Knoxvillian are you?
Dennis C
2019-04-14 15:53:52 UTC
Realistic and civic self loathing one I guess.

Not a lot of surpassing talent ever came out of here, baby!!
Roger Ford
2019-04-14 16:15:00 UTC
Realistic and civic self loathing one I guess.
Not a lot of surpassing talent ever came out of here, baby!!
Oh I don't know...Besides Brownie & Sticks,how about these other folk
either born there or lived there?

Quentin Tarantino,Randy Orton,Polly Bergen,Archie Campbell.The Everly
Brothers,Chet Atkins,Roy Acuff,Sam Houston,Homer (of ..and
Jethro),Patricia Neal ("Klaatu Barada Nikto"),Clifford Curry.........

Even I've heard of all these

Isn't Google wonderful? ,:)

2019-04-14 16:25:51 UTC
4/5 of those you cited were not born in Knoxville.

Mid Day Merry Go Round and Cas Walker Farm and Home Hour were beautiful things!!

Sam Houston was born in Maryville, tn and what record label was he on?
OleManRiver
2019-04-14 14:04:36 UTC
Jim Colegrove
2019-04-14 14:16:42 UTC
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

2. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee

Steve Mc
2019-04-14 14:33:30 UTC
1. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee

2. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page

3. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

4. Come Back My Love - Solitaires

2019-04-14 16:53:54 UTC
DianeE
2019-04-14 17:47:30 UTC
1-Rich Woman - Li'l Millet (and his Creoles, isn't it?)
Ken Whiton
2019-04-15 08:33:00 UTC
*-* On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, a 13:47:30 -0400,
*-* In Article <nLSdnTuqK7-r7y7BnZ2dnUU7-***@giganews.com>,
*-* DianeE wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - Round 2 -
Group 1
Post by DianeE
1-Rich Woman - Li'l Millet (and his Creoles, isn't it?)
Yes.

<http://www.45cat.com/record/xsp56545sp56545>

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Mark Dintenfass
2019-04-14 19:31:38 UTC
2019-04-14 22:38:56 UTC

1. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee - 29
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 29

3. Come Back My Love - Solitaires - 29
4. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page - 23

The Solitaires is out as it loses the 3 way tie breaker because it was only ranked first on 2 ballots while the other 2 were first on 3 ballots. Brownie takes first place as it was ranked higher than Millet on 6 of the 11 ballots.