KDIA San Francisco: July 15, 1960
2019-04-14 09:07:43 UTC
KDIA - SAN FRANCISCO
LUCKY THIRTEEN ONE-OH
TOP 25 of JULY 15, 1960

1. Heartbreak (It's Hurting Me) - Little Willie John 1
2. This Bitter Earth - Dinah Washington 3
3. Mio Amore - Flamingos Pick
4. I Want To Know - Sugar Pie Desanto 2
5. Big Boy Pete - Olympics 8
6. Sticks & Stones - Ray Charles 13
7. Found Love - Jimmy Reed 6
8. Question - Lloyd Price 22
9. Comeback - Memphis Slim 23
10. Good Man Gone Bad - B.B. King 10
11. Whip It On Me - Jessie Hill 11
12. Early In The Morn - Roy Milton 20
13. Rocking Good Way - Benton Washington/Dinah Washington 4
14. Will My Man Be Home Tonight - Lillian Offit 7
15. You Knows What To Do - Barrett Strong --
16. Surely I Love You - Roscoe Gordon Pick
17. Doggin' Around - Jackie Wilson 6
18. They Say You Never Can Miss - Sugar Canes --
19. Walking With Love - Top Notes Pick
20. Lost Love - Scott Bros. Row
21. Within My Heart - 5 Royales --
22. Just Like That - Robins 23
23. Good Timin' - Jimmy Jones 9
24. A Woman, Lover, A Friend - Jackie Wilson Pick
25. Love Affair - Muddy Waters Pick
Roger Ford
2019-04-14 12:13:34 UTC
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 02:07:43 -0700 (PDT), "Dean F."
Post by Dean F.
KDIA - SAN FRANCISCO
LUCKY THIRTEEN ONE-OH
TOP 25 of JULY 15, 1960
1. Heartbreak (It's Hurting Me) - Little Willie John 1
Good in the LWJ cover but better still IMO in the original by Jon
Thomas released first on the (self owned) Jurney label then bought up
for national distribution by ABC-Paramount

Post by Dean F.
13. Rocking Good Way - Benton Washington/Dinah Washington 4
OTOH this is good in the original Priscilla Bowman (& The Spaniels)
version but Brook & Dinah simply NAIL the song!!

Post by Dean F.
18. They Say You Never Can Miss - Sugar Canes --
This is actually Don Harris of Don & Dewey with this record credited
to "Sugarcane & His Violin".

2019-04-14 17:44:39 UTC
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 02:07:43 -0700 (PDT), "Dean F."
Post by Dean F.
KDIA - SAN FRANCISCO
LUCKY THIRTEEN ONE-OH
TOP 25 of JULY 15, 1960 1
18. They Say You Never Can Miss - Sugar Canes --
This is actually Don Harris of Don & Dewey with this record credited
to "Sugarcane & His Violin".
http://youtu.be/u7BD3VxLDxk
I think he did miss with this one. Disappointing, to this D&D fan.