1951 Singles Battle - PERSONAL NOMINATIONS
2008-12-14 14:00:47 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.

I'm still short of the 512 entrants needed to start the contest---tho
not dramatically so. I'm hoping that the personal nominations
submitted will take us to the magic 512 figure and for this
reason---rather than run an EXTREMELY large preliminary round (that
would get us down to 256 entrants)----I propose to ask for nominations
in the following way :-

I'm not putting a cap of six nominations on this contest. Within
reason you may SUBMIT AS MANY PERSONAL NOMINATIONS AS YOU WISH
It can be one or two or ten or twenty or even thirty if you choose.

One important proviso I'd make---in order to save me a VAST amount of
time looking up the relevant record data is that the nominations
should be set out listing artist,title record label and number where
possible

Another is ONLY recordings first released as 45RPM or 78RPM (or both)
singles in the year of 1951 are eligible.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE RANK YOUR SELECTIONS in order of importance
or preference to you. Dependent on how many people offer submissions I
will then take up to an equal amount of nominations from each person
(in your order of preference) neccessary to reach the 512 total of
entants needed to start the contest.

Phew!! I hope this all makes sense and is seen as fair and above board
by everyone

Please post your personal nominations here.

Anyone who made recent suggested additions without getting them
seconded is welcome to re-submit the same as personal nominations

NOMINATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM PERSONS WITH CURRENTLY
ACTIVE LOG-IN ID'S on the Singles Battle site

To get contest ID please go to http://MarcDashevsky.com/battle

A week seems ample time for all this so deadline on nominations will
be midnight EST this coming Saturday 20th December.Also any other
suggestions,queries etc regarding the Singles Battle should be raised
before that time please.

Hopefully the contest proper should then be able to commence next
Sunday 21st (and don't worry---enough time will be allowed for voting
to deal with the job of posting daily batches of "snippets")

For your convenience the current up to the minute list of 1951 Singles
Battle entrants is attached to this post

Thanks to everyone for your interest and participation!

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-14 14:07:41 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
In connection with the nomination process here for your information is
the current most up to date list of proposed entants in the 1951
Singles Battle

The Ames Brothers - Wang Wang Blues - Coral 60489
The Ames Brothers - Undecided - Coral 60566
Leroy Anderson - Blue Tango - Decca 27875
The Andrews Sisters - A Penny A Kiss,A Penny A Hug - Decca 27414
Ray Anthony - At Last - Capitol 1678
Louis Armstrong - (When I Dance With You) I Get Ideas - Decca 27720
Louis Armstrong - A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Decca 27720
Louis Armstrong - When It's Sleepy Time Down South - Decca 27899
Eddy Arnold - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again -RCA 47-4243
Eddy Arnold - There's Been A Change In Me - RCA 48-0412
Eddy Arnold - Kentucky Waltz - RCA 48-0444
Eddy Arnold - I Wanna Play House With You - RCA 48-0476
Dave Bartholomew - Sweet Home Blues - King 4482
Les Baxter - Because Of You - Capitol 1493
Les Baxter - Blue Tango - Capitol 1681
Tony Bennett - Because Of You - Columbia 39362
Tony Bennett - I Won't Cry Anymore - Columbia 39362
Tony Bennett - Cold, Cold Heart - Columbia 39449
Tony Bennett - Blue Velvet - Columbia 39555
Tony Bennett - Solitaire - Columbia 39555
Big Jeff - Step It Up And Go - Dot 1058
Mel Blanc - I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat - Capitol 1360
The Blenders - The Masquerade Is Over - Decca 27403
The Blenders - All I Gotta Do Is Think Of You - Decca 27587
The Blues Rockers - Little Boy,Little Boy - Chess 1483
Goldie Boots & The Falcons - I Can't Tell You Now - Regent 1041
John Lee Booker - Mad Man Blues - Chess 1462
Earl Bostic - Rockin' And Reelin' - King 4437
Earl Bostic - Sleep - King 4444
Earl Bostic - Flamingo - King 4475
Calvin Boze - Beal Street On Saturday Night - Aladdin 3079
Calvin Boze - Slippin' And Slidin' - Aladdin 3086
Tiny Bradshaw - Walk That Mess - King 4427
Tiny Bradshaw - Two Dry Bones On The Pantry Shelf - King 4447
Tiny Bradshaw - Bradshaw Boogie - King 4457
Tiny Bradshaw - Walkin' The Chalk Line -King 4457
Tiny Bradshaw - I'm A High Ballin' Daddy - King 4467
Tiny Bradshaw - Knockin' Blues - King 4497
Tiny Bradshaw - The Train Kept A-Rollin' - King 4497
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats - Rocket 88 - Chess 1458
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats - In My Real Gone Rocket - Chess 1469
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats - Independent Woman - Chess 1472
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats - Juiced - Chess 1472
Billy Briggs - Chew Tobacco Rag - Imperial 8104
Charles Brown - Texas Blues - Aladdin 3071
Charles Brown - Black Night - Aladdin 3076
Charles Brown - Seven Long Days - Aladdin 3092
Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - Justice Blues - Peacock 1568
Honey Brown - Rockin' And Jumpin' - Derby 761
Piney Brown - How About Rockin' With Me - Apollo 423
Roy Brown - Beautician Blues - DeLuxe 3313
Roy Brown - Wrong Woman Blues - DeLuxe 3313
Roy Brown - Big Town - DeLuxe 3318
Roy Brown - Good Rockin' Man - DeLuxe 3319
Roy Brown - Bar Room Blues - DeLuxe 3319
Ruth Brown - I'll Wait For You - Atlantic 930
Ruth Brown - I Know - Atlantic 941
Ruth Brown - Shine On,Big Bright Moon,Shine On - Atlantic 948
Tommy Brown - Atlanta Boogie - Acorn 318
Tommy Brown - House Near The Railroad Track - Acorn 318
Tommy Brown - V-8 Baby - Savoy 813
Tommy Brown - Double Faced Deacon - Savoy 813
Willie Brown - Cadillac Boogie - Decca 48248
Milton Buckner - Red,Red Wine - Savoy 785
Roy Byrd - Hey Little Girl - Atlantic 947
The Cardinals - Shouldn't I Know - Atlantic 938
The Cardinals - Please Don't Leave Me - Atlantic 938
The Cardinals - I'll Always Love You - Atlantic 952
The Cardinals - Pretty Baby Blues - Atlantic 952
The Carlisles - Too Old To Cut The Mustard - Mercury 6348
Martha Carson - Satisfied - Capitol 1900
Jimmy Cavallo Quartette - Ha Ha Ha Blues - BSD 1004
Jimmy Cavallo Quartette - Rock The Joint - BSD 1005
Ray Charles - Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand - Swingtime 250
Savannah Churchill - (It's No) Sin - RCA 47-4280
Rosemary Clooney - Beautiful Brown Eyes - Columbia 39212
Rosemary Clooney - Come On-A My House - Columbia 39467
The Clovers - Don't You Know I Love You - Atlantic 934
The Clovers - Skylark - Atlantic 934
The Clovers - Fool, Fool, Fool - Atlantic 944
The Clovers - Needless - Atlantic 944
Nat "King" Cole - Jet - Capitol 1365
Nat "King" Cole - Too Young - Capitol 1449
Nat "King" Cole - Red Sails In The Sunset - Capitol 1468
Nat "King" Cole - Because Of Rain - Capitol 1501
Nat "King" Cole - Unforgettable - Capitol 1689
Perry Como - If - RCA 47-3997
Perry Como - Zing Zing Zoom Zoom - RCA 47-3997
Pee Wee Crayton - When It Rains It Pours - Aladdin 3112
Pee Wee Crayton - Poppa Stoppa - Modern 816
Bing Crosby & Louis Armstrong - Gone Fishin' - Decca 27623
Bing Crosby & Jane Wyman - In The Cool,Cool,Cool Of The Evening -
Decca 27678
Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - My Baby Left Me - RCA 22-0109
Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - I'm Gonna Dig Myself A Hole - RCA 50-0141
Eunice Davis - Rock Little Daddy - Derby 752
Doris Day - (Why Did I Tell You I Was Going To) Shanghai - Columbia
39423
Margie Day - Pretty Baby - Dot 1070
Floyd Dixon - Telephone (Operator) Blues - Aladdin 3075
Fats Domino - Tired Of Crying - Imperial 5114
Fats Domino - What's The Matter Baby - Imperial 5114
Fats Domino - Don't You Lie To Me - Imperial 5123
Fats Domino - Sometimes I Wonder - Imperial 5123
Fats Domino - No No Baby - Imperial 5138
Fats Domino - Right From Wrong - Imperial 5138
Fats Domino - Careless Love - Imperial 5145
Fats Domino - Rocking Chair - Imperial 5145
The Dominoes - Harbor Lights - Federal 12010
The Dominoes - No Says My Heart - Federal 12010
The Dominoes - I Can't Escape From You - Federal 12022
The Dominoes - Sixty Minute Man - Federal 12022
The Dominoes - I Am With You - Federal 12039
The Dominoes - Weeping Willow Blues - Federal 12039
The Dreamers - These Things I Miss - Jubilee 5053
Jack Dupree - Deacon's Party - Apollo 426
Billy Eckstine - If - MGM 10896
Billy Eckstine - I Apologize - MGM 10903
Tommy Edwards - The Morningside Of The Mountain - MGM 10989
Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game - MGM 11035
The Falcons - How Blind Can You Be - Regent 1041
H-Bomb Ferguson - Rock H-Bomb Rock - Atlas 1001
H-Bomb Ferguson - I Love My Baby - Atlas 1001
H-Bomb Ferguson - Good Lovin' - Savoy 830
Eddie Fisher - Bring Back The Thrill - RCA 47-4016
Eddie Fisher - I'll Hold You In My Heart - RCA 47-4191
Eddie Fisher - Turn Back The Hands Of Time - RCA 47-4257
Eddie Fisher - Any Time - RCA 47-4359
Eddie Fisher - Tell Me Why - RCA 47-4444
Ella Fitzgerald - Smooth Sailing - Decca 27693
The Five Hollywood Bluejays - Put A Nickel In The Juke Box - Recorded
In Hollywood 162+++
The Five Hollywood Bluejays - Cloudy And Raining - Recorded In
Hollywood 185
The Five Hollywood Bluejays - So Worried - Recorded In Hollywood 185
The Five Keys - With A Broken Heart - Aladdin 3085
The Five Keys - Too Late - Aladdin 3085
The Five Keys - Glory Of Love - Aladdin 3099
The Five Keys - Hucklebuck With Jimmy - Aladdin 3099
The Five Keys - It's Christmas Time - Aladdin 3113
The Five Keys - Old MacDonald - Aladdin 3113
The Five Royales - Too Much Of A Little Bit - Apollo 434
The Five Royales - Give Me One More Chance - Apollo 434
Ralph Flanagan - Blues From "An American In Paris" - RCA 47-4247
Red Foley - Alabama Jubilee - Decca 27810
Red Foley - Peace In The Valley - Decca 27856
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Stack-O-Lee - Capitol 1349
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Mr And Mississippi - Capitol 1521
The Four Aces - (It's No) Sin - Victoria 101
The Four Aces - A Garden In The Rain - Decca 27860
The Four Aces - Tell Me Why - Decca 27860
The Four Buddies - Don't Leave Me Now - Savoy 779
The Four Buddies - Sweet Slumber - Savoy 779
The Four Buddies - My Summer's Gone - Savoy 789
The Four Buddies - Why At A Time Like This - Savoy 789
The Four Buddies - Heart And Soul - Savoy 817
The Four Buddies - Sin - Savoy 817
The Four Buddies - Simply Say Goodbye - Savoy 823
The Four Dots - My Dear - Dot 1043
The Four Knights - Cry - Capitol 1875
Tillman Franks - Hot Rod-Shotgun Boogie No 2 - Gotham 7412
Tillman Franks - Hi-Tone Poppa - Gotham 7412
Stan Freberg - John And Marsha - Capitol 1356
Stan Freberg - I've Got You Under My Skin - Capitol 1711
Stan Freberg - That's My Boy - Capitol 1711
Irlton French - My Runaround Baby - Okeh 6816
Lefty Frizzell - I Want To Be With You Always - Columbia 20799
Lefty Frizzell - Always Late (With Your Kisses) - Columbia 20837
Lefty Frizzell - Mom And Dad's Waltz - Columbia 20837
Lowell Fulson - I'm A Night Owl - Swing Time 243
Cecil Gant - Rock Little Baby - Decca 48200
Steve Gibson & The Red Caps - Boogie Woogie On Saturday Night - RCA
47-4294
Lloyd Glenn - Chica-Boo - Swing Time 254
John Godfrey Trio - Hey Little Girl - Hilltop 701
Rosco Gordon - Booted - Chess 1487
Rosco Gordon - Rosco's Boogie - RPM 322
Rosco Gordon - Ouch Pretty Baby - RPM 324
Rosco Gordon - Saddled The Cow - RPM 324
Lee Graves - Poppa Said Yes, Momma Said No,No,No - Mercury 8214
John Greer - Got You On My Mind - RCA 20-4348
The Griffin Brothers - Tra La La - Dot 1060
The Griffin Brothers - Weeping And Crying - Dot 1071
Bill Haley & The Saddlemen - Rocket 88 - Holiday 105
Bill Haley & The Saddlemen - Green Tree Boogie - Holiday 108 51
Roy Hall - Dirty Boogie - Fortune 126
Harmonica Frank - Swamp Root - Chess 1475
Ric Harper - I'm A Sixty Minute Rocketman - Abbey 3028
Peppermint Harris - I Got Loaded - Aladdin 3097
Peppermint Harris - Have Another Drink And Talk To Me - Aladdin 3107
Arline Harris - Long Tall Papa - Chess 1471
Wynonie Harris - Tremblin' - King 4448
Wynonie Harris - Bloodshot Eyes - King 4461
Wynonie Harris - Man Have I Got Troubles - King 4468
Wynonie Harris - Lovin' Machine - King 4485
Roy Hawkins - The Thrill Is Gone - Modern 826
The Heartbreakers - Heartbreaker - RCA 4327
Al Hibbler - The Blues Come Falling Down - Atlantic 925 +++
Johnny Hodges - Castle Rock - Mercury 8944
Smokey Hogg - Penitentiary Blues - Recorded In Hollywood 170
Roy Hogsed - I'm Gonna Get Along Without You - Capitol 1854
The Hollywood Four Flames - I'll Always Be A Fool - Recorded In
Hollywood 164
The Hollywood Four Flames - She's Got Something - Recorded In
Hollywood 164
The Hollywood Four Flames - Baby Please - Recorded In Hollywood 165
The Hollywood Four Flames - Glory Of Love - Recorded In Hollywood 165
The Hollywood Four Flames - Young Girl - Recorded In Hollywood 165
John Lee Hooker - I'm In The Mood - Modern 835
Joe Houston - Blow Joe Blow - Modern 830
Camille Howard - Money Blues - Specialty 401
Camille Howard - Bangin' The Boogie - Specialty 404
Eddy Howard - (It's No) Sin - Mercury 5711
Howlin' Wolf - How Many More Years - Chess 1479
Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' At Midnight - Chess 1479
Ivory Joe Hunter - Send Me Pretty Mama - King 4424
Ivory Joe Hunter - Boogin' In The Rain - Four Star 1585
Betty Hutton - It's Oh So Quiet - RCA 47-4179
Betty Hutton - Murder He Says - RCA 47-4179
Bull Moose Jackson - Cherokee Boogie - King 4472
Li'l Son Jackson - Rockin' And Rollin' - Imperial 5113
Li'l Son Jackson - Mister Blues - Imperial 5131
Elmore James - Dust My Broom - Trumpet 146
J.B & His Bayou Playboys - Korea Blues - Chess 1449
Johnnie & Jack - Crying Heart Blues - RCA 48-0478
Bill Johnson & The Stir Cats - Too Late - Imperial 5148
Buddy & Ella Johnson - No More Love - Decca 27416
Grant "Mr Blues" Jones - I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water - Decca 48192
Louis Jordan - Teardrops From My Eyes - Decca 27428
Louis Jordan - Weak Minded Blues - Decca 27547
Bill Kenny & The Song Spinners - It Is No Secret - Decca 27326
Stan Kenton - Laura - Capitol 1680
B.B King - Don't You Want A Man Like Me - RPM 318
B.B King - My Baby's Gone - RPM 318
B.B King - She's Dynamite - RPM 323
B.B King - B.B. Blues - RPM 323
B.B King - Hard Working Woman - RPM 330
B.B King - Three O'Clock Blues - RPM 339
Pee Wee King - Slow Poke - RCA 48-0489
Frankie Laine - Jezebel - Columbia 39367
Frankie Laine - Rose, Rose, I Love You - Columbia 39367
Frankie Laine - Girl In The Wood - Columbia 39489
Frankie Laine - Wonderful, Wasn't It ? - Columbia 39489
Frankie Laine - Jalousie - Columbia 39585
Frankie Laine & Jo Stafford - Hey Good Lookin' - Columbia 39570
Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year - RCA 49-3300
The Larks - Hopefully Yours - Apollo 1180
The Larks - When I Leave These Prison Walls - Apollo 1180
The Larks - My Reverie - Apollo 1184
The Larks - Eyesight To The Blind - Apollo 427
The Larks - Little Side Car - Apollo 429
Lydia Larson & The River Rovers - Bald Headed Daddy - Apollo 432
Smiley Lewis - Bee's Boogie - Imperial 5124
Smiley Lewis - My Baby Was Right - Imperial 5124
Jimmy Liggins - That's What's Knocking Me Out - Specialty 418
Joe Liggins - Frankie Lee - Specialty 392
Little Esther & The Dominoes - The Deacon Moves In - Federal 12016
Little Esther & The Dominoes - Heart To Heart - Federal 12036
Little Esther & The Dominoes - Looking For A Man To Satisfy My Soul -
Federal 12036
Little Richard - Every Hour - RCA 47-4392
Little Richard - Taxi Blues - RCA 47-4392
Little Sylvia - Little Boy - Savoy 816
Little Willie Littlefield - I've Been Lost - Modern 801
Joe Hill Louis - I Feel Like A Million - Modern 795
Joe Hill Louis - Big Legged Woman - Modern 839
Buddy Lucas - Sopping Molasses - Jubilee 5058
Buddy Lucas - Diane - Jubilee 5070
Luke The Drifter - Just Waitin' - M-G-M 10932
Luke The Drifter - Men With Broken Hearts - M-G-M 10932
Luke The Drifter - Pictures From Life's Other Side - M-G-M 11120
Luke The Drifter - Rambling Man - M-G-M 11120
Blow Top Lynn & The House Rockers - Come Back My Darlin' - RCA 47-4328
The Majors - At Last - Derby 763
The Majors - You Ran Away With My Heart - Derby 763
Mantovani - Charmaine - UK Decca 9696
The Marshall Brothers - Mister Santa's Boogie - Savoy 825
The Marshall Brothers - Who'll Be The Fool From Now On - Savoy 825
Tony Martin - I Get Ideas - RCA 47-4141
Tony Martin - Domino - RCA 47-4343
Percy Mayfield - Lost Love - Specialty 390
Jimmy McCracklin - Looking For A Woman - Swing Time 260
Brownie McGhee - I'm Gonna Move Across The River - Derby 776
Sticks McGhee - Oh What A Face - London 978
Sticks McGhee - You Gotta Have Something On The Ball - London 978
Sticks McGhee - Housewarmin' Boogie - Atlantic 926
Sticks McGhee - Tennessee Waltz Blues - Atlantic 926
Sticks McGhee - One Monkey Don't Stop The Show - Atlantic 937
Big Jay McNeely - All That Wine Is Gone - Imperial 5115
Big Jay McNeely (voc Jesse Belvin) - Don't Cry Baby - Imperial 5115
The Mello Moods - Where Are You (Now That I Need You) - Robin 105
The Mello Moods - How Could You - Robin 105
Amos Milburn - Let's Rock Awhile - Aladdin 3080
Amos Milburn - Tears, Tears, Tears - Aladdin 3080
Lucky Millinder - Chew Tobacco Rag - King 4449
Lucky Millinder - I'm Waiting Just For You - King 4453
The Mills Brothers - Be My Life's Companion - Decca 27889
Roy Milton - Numbers Blues - Specialty 403
Roy Milton - It's Later Than You Think - Specialty 403
Roy Milton - T-Town Twist - Specialty 407
Roy Milton - Best Wishes - Specialty 414
Freddie Mitchell - Hot Ice - Derby 777
Guy Mitchell - Christopher Columbus - Columbia 39190
Guy Mitchell - Sparrow In The Tree Top - Columbia 39190
Guy Mitchell - My Truly, Truly Fair - Columbia 39415
Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Bell - Columbia 39512
Guy Mitchell - There's Always Room At Our House - Columbia 39595
Vaughn Monroe - Sound Off (The Duckworth Chant) - RCA 47-4113
Vaughn Monroe - Old Soldiers Never Die - RCA 47-4146
James Moody - I'm In The Mood For Love - Prestige 703
Joe Morris - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - Atlantic 931
Joe Morris & Laurie Tate - Don't Take Your Love From Me - Atlantic 923
Moon Mullican - Cherokee Boogie - King 965
Chuck Murphy - They Raided The Joint - Bama 301
Jimmy Murphy - Big Mama Blues - RCA 48-0474
Jimmy Nelson - T-99 Blues - RPM 325
Bobby Nunn - Anticipating Blues - Dootone 302
Helen O' Connell & Dean Martin - How D'Ya Like Your Eggs - Capitol
1575
The Orioles - I Miss You So - Jubilee 5051
The Orioles - Happy Go Lucky Local Blues - Jubilee 5055
The Orioles - I'm Just A Fool In Love - Jubilee 5061
The Orioles - Hold Me, Squeeze Me - Jubilee 5061
The Orioles - Baby, Please Don't Go - Jubilee 5065
Johnny Otis - Gee Baby - Savoy 777
Johnny Otis - Mambo Boogie - Savoy 777
Johnny Otis - All Nite Long - Savoy 788
Johnny Otis - Harlem Nocturne - Savoy 815
Patti Page - Would I Love You (Love You,Love You) - Mercury 5571
Patti Page - Down The Trail Of Aching Hearts - Mercury 5579
Patti Page - Mockin' Bird Hill - Mercury 5595
Patti Page - Mister And Mississippi - Mercury 5645
Patti Page - Detour - Mercury 5682
Gene Parrish - Dreamy Blues - RCA 47-4240
Patty Anne & The Flames - The Bounce - Fidelity 3002
Les Paul - Josephine - Capitol 1592
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Mockin' Bird Hill - Capitol 1373
Les Paul & Mary Ford - How High The Moon - Capitol 1451
Les Paul & Mary Ford - I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine - Capitol 1592
Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise - Capitol
1748
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Whispering - Capitol 1748
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Just One More Chance - Capitol 1825
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Jazz Me Blues - Capitol 1825
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Jingle Bells - Capitol 1881
Piano Red - Hey Good Lookin' - RCA 47-4380
Arthur Prysock - I Didn't Sleep A Wink Last Night - Decca 27871
The Ravens - Midnight Blues - Columbia 39112
The Ravens - Gotta Find My Baby - Columbia 39194
The Ravens - I Get All My Lovin' On A Saturday Night - Okeh 6825
The Ravens - Lilacs In The Rain - National 9148
Johnnie Ray - Tell The Lady I Said Goodbye - Okeh 6809
Johnnie Ray - Whiskey And Gin - Okeh 6809
Johnnie Ray - Cry - Okeh 6840
Johnnie Ray - The Little White Cloud That Cried - Okeh 6840
The Ray-O-Vacs - Take Me Back To My Boots And Saddle - Decca 48197
The Ray-O-Vacs - My Baby's Gone - Decca 48221
Henri Rene & April Stevens - I'm In Love Again - RCA 47-4148
Henry Rene & April Stevens - Gimme A Little Kiss, Will Ya Huh - RCA
47-4208
Debbie Reynolds & Carleton Carpenter - Aba Daba Honeymoon - MGM 30282
Todd Rhodes - Gin,Gin,Gin - King 4469
Tex Ritter - Let Me Go, Devil - Capitol 1698
The Robins - Early Morning Blues - Recorded In Hollywood 150
The Robins - School Girl Blues - Recorded In Hollywood 150
The Robbins - Rockin' - Modern 807
The Robbins - That's What The Good Book Says - Modern 807
Jimmy Rogers - The Worlds's In A Tangle - Chess 1453
The Royal Sons - Come Over Here - Apollo 266
The Royals - If You Love Me - Okeh 6832
Lou Sargent - Ridin' The Boogie - Chess 1465
Tommy Scott - Rockin' And Rollin' - Federal 10003
Arkie Shibley - Hot Rod Race Number Two - Gilt Edge 5030
Dinah Shore - Sweet Violets - RCA 47-4174
Frank Sinatra - You're The One - Columbia 39213
Frank Sinatra - I'm A Fool To Want You -Columbia 39425
Frank Sinatra - Try A Little Tenderness - Columbia 39498
Frank Sinatra & Dagmar - Mama Will Bark - Columbia 39425
Frank Sinatra & Harry James - Castle Rock - Columbia 39527
Charlie Singleton - Elephant Rock - Decca 48193
Carl Smith - Let Old Mother Nature Have Her Way - Columbia 20862
Tab Smith - Because Of You - United 104
Hank Snow - Wreck Of The Ol' 97 - RCA 47-4095
Hank Snow - The Golden Rocket - RCA 48-0400
Hank Snow - Rhumba Boogie - RCA 48-0431
Hank Snow & Anita Carter - Down The Trail Of Aching Hearts - RCA
48-0441
The Soul Stirrers - I'm Gonna Move In The Room With The Lord -
Specialty 387
The Soul Stirrers - Peace In The Valley - Specialty 802
The Soul Stirrers - Jesus Gave Me Water - Specialty 802
Jo Stafford - Allentown Jail - Columbia 39389
Jo Stafford - Somebody - Columbia 39389
Jo Stafford - Kissin' Bug Boogie - Columbia 39529
Jo Stafford - Shrimp Boats - Columbia 39581
Kay Starr - Come On-A My House - Capitol 1710
Kay Starr - Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor - Capitol 1856
Kay Starr & Tennessee Ernie - Oceans Of Tears - Capitol 1567
The Sultans - Lemon Squeezing Daddy - Jubilee 5054
The Sultans - You Captured My Heart - Jubilee 5054
The Swallows - Dearest - King 4458
The Swallows - Will You Be Mine - King 4458
The Swallows - Since You've Been Away - King 4466
The Swallows - Wishing For You - King 4466
The Swallows - It Ain't The Meat - King 4501
The Swallows - Eternally - King 4501
The Swallows - Roll,Roll Pretty Baby - King 4515
The Swallows - Tell Me Why - King 4515
Tampa Red - She's Dynamite - RCA 50-0123
Rufus Thomas Jr - Night Walkin' Blues - Chess 1466
Hank Thompson - Green Light - Capitol 1632
Sonny Thompson - Mellow Blues - King 4488
Willie Mae Thornton - Let Your Tears Fall Baby - Peacock 1587
Sonny Til - My Prayer - Jubilee 5060
Sonny Til - For All We Know - Jubilee 5066
The Treniers - Go, Go, Go - Okeh 6804
The Treniers - Plenty Of Money - Okeh 6804
The Treniers - Old Woman Blues - Okeh 6826
Ike Turner - Heartbroken And Worried - Chess 1459
Joe Turner - Chains Of Love - Atlantic 939
Joe Turner - Bump Miss Susie - Atlantic 949
Joe Turner - The Chill Is On - Atlantic 949
Sarah Vaughan - These Things I Offer You - Columbia 39370
The Victorians - Don't Break My Heart Again - Specialty 411
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson - Big Mouth Gal - King 4426
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson - Bald Headed Blues - King 4442
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson - Featherhead Mama - King 4442
T-Bone Walker - Alimony Blues - Imperial 5153
Dinah Washington - Cold, Cold Heart - Mercury 5728
Dinah Washington - I Won't Cry Anymore - Mercury 8211
Dinah Washington - Fine, Fine Daddy - Mercury 8232
Dinah Washington & The Ravens - Hey Good Lookin' - Mercury 8257
Dinah Washington & The Ravens - Out In The Cold Again - Mercury 8257
Muddy Waters - Long Distance Call - Chess 1452
Muddy Waters - Honey Bee - Chess 1468
Muddy Waters - Still A Fool - Chess 1480
James Waynes - Tend To Your Business - Sittin' In With 588
James Waynes - Junco Partner - Sittin' In With 607
The Weavers - Kisses Sweeter Than Wine - Decca 27670
The Weavers & Terry Gilkyson - On Top Of Old Smoky - Decca 27515
Jess Willard - Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor - Capitol 1562
Hank Williams - Cold Cold Heart - M-G-M 10904
Hank Williams - Dear John - M-G-M 10904
Hank Williams - Howlin' At The Moon - M-G-M 10961
Hank Williams - I Can't Help It - M-G-M 10961
Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin' - M-G-M 11000
Hank Williams - My Heart Would Know - M-G-M 11000
Hank Williams - Crazy Heart - M-G-M 11054
Hank Williams - Lonesome Whistle - M-G-M 11054
Hank Williams - If You See My Baby - M-G-M 11083
Hank Williams - Baby We're Really In Love - M-G-M 11100
Hank Williams - I'd Still Want You - M-G-M 11100
Sonny Boy Williamson - Eyesight To The Blind - Trumpet 139
Sonny Boy Williamson - Do It If You Wanta - Trumpet 139
Sonny Boy Williamson - Pontiac Blues - Trumpet 145
Sonny Boy Williamson - Sonny Boy's Christmas Blues - Trumpet 145
Chuck Willis - Can't You See - Columbia 30238
Chuck Willis - It Ain't Right To Treat Me Wrong - Columbia 30238
Chuck Willis - I Rule My House - Okeh 6810
Chuck Willis - I Tried - Okeh 6810
Chuck Willis - Let's Jump Tonight - Okeh 6841
Sonny Wilson - Rainy Day Blues - Dee Gee 4000
Jimmy Witherspoon - I Gotta Gal Lives Upon A Hill - Modern 808
Jimmy Witherspoon - Real Ugly Woman - Modern 821
Del Wood - Down Yonder - Tennessee 775
Billy Wright - Stacked Deck - Savoy 781
Billy Wright - Keep Your Hands On Your Heart - Savoy 776
Billy Wright - Hey Little Girl - Savoy 810
The York Brothers - Sixty Minute Man - King 970
Florian Zabach - The Hot Canary - Decca 27509

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-15 00:51:16 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
--------------
If the following records are eligible I would like to nominate them. I'm
sorry but I have no idea of the labels and numbers; these are just songs I
like that are tagged "1951."

Amos Milburn: Everybody Clap Hands

The Larks: All I Want For Christmas

Elmore 'Elmo' Nixon: Playboy Blues (Mercury)

Sunnyland Slim: Low Down Sunnyland Train

Paula Watson: Pretty Papa Blues

Muddy Waters: Louisiana Blues

Brownie McGhee as 'Big Tom Collins': Real Good Feeling

Lil Green: Every Time

Julian Dash: Preachin'

The Cabineers: Each Time

The Bachelors: Can't Help Loving You

Eddie Boyd: Blue Coat Man

Maxwell Davis AHO: Resistor

Jimmy Murphy: We Live A Long, Long Time

Walter Davis: I Just Can't Help It

Dean Martin: Solitaire

Thanx DianeE
DianeE
2008-12-15 00:54:06 UTC
How about "Come On A My House" by Mickey Katz?

<ducking> DianeE
Roger Ford
2008-12-15 12:21:11 UTC
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:51:16 GMT, "DianeE"
[...]
I will include as many of these as possible but you'll have to wait
till Sunday to see how many,pending the nominations that others may
put forward

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-20 11:58:57 UTC
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:51:16 GMT, "DianeE"
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
--------------
If the following records are eligible I would like to nominate them. I'm
sorry but I have no idea of the labels and numbers; these are just songs I
like that are tagged "1951."
Diane I have a problem with these
Post by Roger Ford
The Larks: All I Want For Christmas
Pretty sure this was never issued and was an unreleased master
Post by Roger Ford
Elmore 'Elmo' Nixon: Playboy Blues (Mercury)
The Bachelors: Can't Help Loving You
I show these as 1953
Post by Roger Ford
Sunnyland Slim: Low Down Sunnyland Train
I can't trace this as a single ?????
Post by Roger Ford
Muddy Waters: Louisiana Blues
I show this as 1950
Post by Roger Ford
Eddie Boyd: Blue Coat Man
This is from 1952 and was the flip of his #1 R&B hit "Five Long Years"
on J.O.B

I will add as many as I need (to reach the 512 starting total) from
the others you listed taking into account the nominations of others

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-21 14:57:43 UTC
Post by DianeE
Eddie Boyd: Blue Coat Man
This is from 1952 and was the flip of his #1 R&B hit "Five Long Years"
on J.O.B
----------------
Thanks for the corrections!
2008-12-21 15:48:35 UTC
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:57:43 GMT, "DianeE"
Post by DianeE
Eddie Boyd: Blue Coat Man
This is from 1952 and was the flip of his #1 R&B hit "Five Long Years"
on J.O.B
----------------
Thanks for the corrections!
Thanks for your nominations. All your eligible nominations were added.

I have the neccessary 512 entrants to begin now but working out the
matchups will take longer than I thought.

Hopefully the contest will launch tommorrow (Monday)

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
y***@yahoo.com
2008-12-14 21:47:15 UTC
Since you're advising that people re-submit their previous
nominations, I will re-nominate what is either my favorite or 2nd
favorite record from 1951, by:

Sidney Bechet & His Hot Six

"The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me"

Blue Note 419-0

WOR Studios, New York

November 5, 1951

reference:

http://www.jazzdisco.org/blue-note-records/discography-1951-1952/

And this great, rich, wonderfully creative interpretation of an old
New Orleans standard sounded like this of course:

http://www.imeem.com/people/TfQ46XZ/music/TiGMK9TS/sidney_bechet_blues_my_naughty_sweetie_gives_to_me/

Even if this doesn't attract many (any?) votes except mine, it
deserves on merit - rich, imprevue, startling and overbrimming musical
beauty to be included on the grand initial list of records for
consideration.

Larry Ingersoll
Roger Ford
2008-12-15 12:18:24 UTC
Post by y***@yahoo.com
Since you're advising that people re-submit their previous
nominations, I will re-nominate what is either my favorite or 2nd
Sidney Bechet & His Hot Six
"The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me"
Blue Note 419-0
WOR Studios, New York
November 5, 1951
http://www.jazzdisco.org/blue-note-records/discography-1951-1952/
And this great, rich, wonderfully creative interpretation of an old
http://www.imeem.com/people/TfQ46XZ/music/TiGMK9TS/sidney_bechet_blues_my_naughty_sweetie_gives_to_me/
Even if this doesn't attract many (any?) votes except mine, it
deserves on merit - rich, imprevue, startling and overbrimming musical
beauty to be included on the grand initial list of records for
consideration.
Larry,that Blue Note site gives no indication this track was a single
at that time. The number you quote above is the matrix #. I see a
couple of LP releases containing the track in question but no single
issue. MegaGuide lists no single issue either.

If it really was on a single in 1951 please supply the relevant info

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
Mike Holcombe
2008-12-17 07:13:30 UTC
Post by y***@yahoo.com
Sidney Bechet & His Hot Six
"The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me"
Blue Note 419-0
WOR Studios, New York
November 5, 1951
If it really was on a single in 1951 please supply the relevant info
Roger - I did check the Bechet in the Belgian Jazz disco -- that fine tune was
only issued on LP -- I vote for it anyway.

I started checking the M list to see if I had something to add. I did not get
far before I realized that I have no idea when most 1951 recordings were
actually released. Here are three nominations I will try:

Memphis Slim -- Train Is Coming _Mercury 70063

Freddie Mitchell v- Sara Dean -- I Got Your Boogie _Derby

Percy Mayfield -- Two Years of Torture _ Swing Time 258

Regards from shaky date HQ, Mike H.
Mike Holcombe

Roger Ford

2008-12-20 12:02:37 UTC
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:13:30 -0800, Mike Holcombe
Post by Mike Holcombe
Post by Roger Ford
Post by y***@yahoo.com
Sidney Bechet & His Hot Six
"The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me"
Blue Note 419-0
WOR Studios, New York
November 5, 1951
If it really was on a single in 1951 please supply the relevant info
Roger - I did check the Bechet in the Belgian Jazz disco -- that fine tune was
only issued on LP -- I vote for it anyway.
I started checking the M list to see if I had something to add. I did not get
far before I realized that I have no idea when most 1951 recordings were
Memphis Slim -- Train Is Coming _Mercury 70063
I show this as 1953
Post by Mike Holcombe
Freddie Mitchell v- Sara Dean -- I Got Your Boogie _Derby
I don't have the record but I have this listed as credited to Sara
"Fatwoman" Dean??
Post by Mike Holcombe
Percy Mayfield -- Two Years of Torture _ Swing Time 258
This had already been released twice before previous to the Swingtime
release.First on Gru-V-Tone in 1948 and then on Supreme in 1949

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
y***@yahoo.com
2008-12-19 23:55:33 UTC
Post by y***@yahoo.com
[...]
ROGER FORD
It's hard to believe they wouldn't have issued it as a 78 rpm with so
many (perhaps
many more than 33 1/3 rpm's) 78 turntables around in 1951.
Furthermore, with
the novelty of the 45 rpm out there, why wouldn't they release a
single or two
from long-player out there to attempt to increase sales or get the
music out there
in any form it was being digested (accessed) in those days?

As an example of how things were marketed back then, I found and
purchased
Tommy Dorsey's "Ecstacy" from 1950 (Decca-USA/Brunswick-UK), as both
a 10-inch lp at 33 1/3 rpm, and also packaged as 2 45 rpm EP's with 4
songs
on each EP, and further to promote sales, or as an intended single, a
separate
45 rpm with 2 songs on it was released (Smoke Gets In Your Eyes b/w
This Nearly Was Mine). I'm sure Decca went to the further
configurations of 78 rpm to also
market this 1950 or 1951 release.

Larry
Mark Dintenfass
2008-12-20 01:12:14 UTC
In article
Post by y***@yahoo.com
It's hard to believe they wouldn't have issued it as a 78 rpm with so
many (perhaps
many more than 33 1/3 rpm's) 78 turntables around in 1951.
Lots of 78 rpms were issued only as albums in the 40s (when album still
meant a bound volume with several record-holding slipcovers as the
"pages"), and though things were changing by 1951, those old style
albums were still very much around. So the choice wasn't between still
fairly rare 33 1/3 albums and 78 singles. Albums could come in both
flavors.
2008-12-16 10:19:02 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
The following nominations are not simply records I have tagged as 1951
(some in error no doubt, sorry) - they are records I have listened to
recently and enjoyed !

I know there's a large number listed here but why weren't most of them
included in the original list of contenders :-)
I'm guessin' because tastes have changed since 1951, and some good
records were not well promoted back then.
I presume, Roger, you have been mostly guided by what was popular in
white and black markets in 1951.

(Again, I do apologize if my year tag was wrong)

These *might* not be top 16 1951 Battle material but they are worthy
competitors. It's a matter of personal taste I know, but for their
genre these are nice records IMO.

Alexander Moore - Lillie Mae Blues -
Annisteen Allen w Lucky Millinder & His Orch - Bongo Boogie (King
4453)
April Stevens with Henri Rene Orch - I'm In Love Again
Big Jim Wynn - West Coast Lover (Mercury)
Bill Haley And The Saddlemen - Tearstains On My Heart (Holiday 105
b-side)
Billie Holiday - Blue Turning Grey Over You
Billy Love - Juiced
Billy May And His Orchestra - Lulu's Back In Town
Bob Wills - The Last Goodbye
Bob Wills - You Always Keep Me In Hot Water
Bumble Bee Slim - Ida Red
Cliffie Stone - Jump Rope Boogie
Curley Williams - Move In A Little Closer
Dave Bartholomew - Golden Rule
Dave Bartholomew - High Flying Women
Dave Bartholomew - I'll Never Be The Same
Del Wood - Down Yonder
Dinah Shore - Ten Thousand Miles
Dinah Shore, Betty Hutton, Tony Martin, Phil Harris - The Musicians
(RCA 4225)
Doris Day - On Moonlight Bay -
Doris Day & Danny Thomas - Ain't We Got Fun (Columbia 39622)
Eddy Howard & His Orchestra - The Strange Little Girl
Ella Fitzgerald - Come On-A My House
Frankie Laine - Flamenco
Georgia Gibbs (Glenn Osser Orchestra) - Cry
Gloria Dehaven (Guy Lombardo Orchestra) - Because Of You
Helen Humes - Hey Hey Baby
Helen O'Connell - Slow Poke (Capitol 1837)
Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra, v. Stuart Foster - Across The Wide
Missouri
Jane Turzy with Remo Biondi And His Orchestra - I Like It
Jesse Thomas w Lloyd Glenn - It's You I'm Thinking Of (Swingtime 241)
Jimmy Grissom - Once There Lived a Fool
Jimmy Preston & Burnetta Evans - Oh, Babe (Derby 748)
Joe 'Fingers' Carr - Down Yonder
Joe Thomas - You're Just My Kind - (King 4474)
Johnnie Lee Wills & His Boys - I Needed You
Johnnie Lee Wills & His Boys - The Band's A Rockin'
Johnny Horton - Candy Jones (Abbott 100)
Johnny Horton - Devilish Love Light (Abbott 100)
Kay Starr - Angry
Lawrence Welk And His Champagne Music - Moonlight Bay
Lawrence Welk And His Champagne Music - Sad And Lonely
Lefty Frizzell - I Love You A Thousand Ways
Lefty Frizzell - If You've Got The Money, I've Got The Time
Les Paul - Josephine (Capitol 1592)
Les Paul - Walkin' And Whistlin' Blues y
Little Esther with Mel Walker - Ring-A-Ding-Doo (Federal 12055)
Lonnie Johnson - You Only Want Me When You're Lonely -
Paul Weston & His Orchestra - And So To Sleep Again
Paul Weston & His Orchestra - The Morningside Of The Mountain
Percy Mayfield - What A Fool I Was (Specialty 400)
Perry Como & Fontane Sisters - Rollin' Stone
Ray Martin And His Concert Orch - Gypsy Fiddler (Columbia 4-39530)
Reginald Dixon - Jungle Fantasy
Robert Q. Lewis - Where's-A Your House
Roy Hogsed - Snake Dance Boogie
Shirley & Lee - I'm Gone (Aladdin 3153)
Si Jenkins & The Ozark Ramblers - One Dollar Boogie
Slim Willet - Drill Bit Honky Tonk
Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant - Railroadin'
Teresa Brewer - I've Got The Craziest Feeling
The Ames Brothers f. Roy Smeck & The Serenaders - Hawaiian War Chant
(Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai)
The Dominoes - Looking For A Man (Federal 12036 - b-side) (lead Little
Esther)
The Four Knights - I Go Crazy (Capitol 1787 b-side)
The Four Knights - I Love The Sunshine Of Your Smile (Capitol 1587)
The Larks - Ooh, It Feels So Good
The Larks (Bobby Smith &) - Hey Little Girl (Apollo 429)
The Mariners - They Call The Wind Maria
The Marshall Brothers - I Won't Believe You Anymore
The Meadowlarks - Brother Billy
The Norman Luboff Choir with Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Across The
Wide Missouri (Columbia 39160)
The Ravens (leads Maithe Marshall & Jimmy Ricks) - Marie (Rendition
5001)
The Red Caps - Tuscaloosa
Tony Martin - Over A Bottle Of Wine
Vance Morris & His Alabama Playboys - Slap Happy Pappy
Vaughn Monroe Orchestra - Old Soldiers Never Die
Willis Jackson - Harlem Nocturne

Geoff
Roger Ford
2008-12-16 12:18:18 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
The following nominations are not simply records I have tagged as 1951
(some in error no doubt, sorry) - they are records I have listened to
recently and enjoyed !
I know there's a large number listed here but why weren't most of them
included in the original list of contenders :-)
I'm guessin' because tastes have changed since 1951, and some good
records were not well promoted back then.
I presume, Roger, you have been mostly guided by what was popular in
white and black markets in 1951.
(Again, I do apologize if my year tag was wrong)
These *might* not be top 16 1951 Battle material but they are worthy
competitors. It's a matter of personal taste I know, but for their
genre these are nice records IMO.
Geoff your list doesn't seem to be ranked in order of preference so
unless you want to revise the list accordingly I'll take as many as I
need to make up the numbers from the top on down from your list on
Sunday.

As you can appreciate,pending just how many people nominate,I won't
know exactly how many will get used until then.

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-16 12:27:40 UTC
[...]
I forgot to add thanks for the nominations,thanks go to Diane too for
hers.

I'm not expecting an over abundance of nominatiions to be honest---as
I mentioned to Marc recently I'm fully expecting a much lighter than
usual response (and that includes the voting) to this particular
contest---at least in the earlier rounds.

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-20 12:10:00 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
The following nominations are not simply records I have tagged as 1951
(some in error no doubt, sorry) - they are records I have listened to
recently and enjoyed !
I know there's a large number listed here but why weren't most of them
included in the original list of contenders :-)
I'm guessin' because tastes have changed since 1951, and some good
records were not well promoted back then.
I presume, Roger, you have been mostly guided by what was popular in
white and black markets in 1951.
(Again, I do apologize if my year tag was wrong)
These *might* not be top 16 1951 Battle material but they are worthy
competitors. It's a matter of personal taste I know, but for their
genre these are nice records IMO.
Alexander Moore - Lillie Mae Blues -
I can't trace this???? All I show is one release by him on RPM in 1951

Regarding the rest of your huge list---from those that are definitely
1951 releases----I will add as many as I need (to reach the 512
starting total) taking into account the nominations of others

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-20 14:47:02 UTC
I can't trace this???? All I show is one release by him on RPM in 1951
Regarding the rest of your huge list---from those that are definitely
1951 releases----I will add as many as I need (to reach the 512
starting total) taking into account the nominations of others
Hi Roger

Apparently "Lillie Mae Boogie", from 1951, was unreleased on RPM.

Please first take your picks from the following 28 records (assuming
they qualify):

[...]

Thanks

Geoff
Roger Ford
2008-12-21 15:50:34 UTC
[...]
Thanks for your nominations. Because of the high number submitted as
many as possible were included to reach the neccessary starting figure

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
Rocky
2008-12-18 20:53:49 UTC
Please post your personal nominations here.
My Oh My - Scatman Bailey - Federal 12003
Big Jay McNeely - Insect Ball
Roger Ford
2008-12-20 12:12:53 UTC
Post by Rocky
Post by Roger Ford
Please post your personal nominations here.
My Oh My - Scatman Bailey - Federal 12003
Big Jay McNeely - Insect Ball
Everyone who has nominated so far should get at least a few records
through so your two nominations look safe enough :)

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-21 15:51:13 UTC
Post by Rocky
Post by Roger Ford
Please post your personal nominations here.
My Oh My - Scatman Bailey - Federal 12003
Big Jay McNeely - Insect Ball
Thanks for your nominations. Both added

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
x***@ymail.com
2008-12-21 05:00:00 UTC
Here are my Personal Nominations for the 1951 Singles Battle.

Leroy Anderson - The Syncopated Clock
Leroy Anderson - The Typewriter
Eddy Arnold May The Good Lord Bless And Keep You
Eddy Arnold - Somebody's Been Beatin' My Time
Rosemary Clooney - Suzy Snowflake
Nat "KIng" Cole - Always You
Perry Como & the Fontane Sisters - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like
Christmas
Ethel Merman & Dick Haymes - You're Just In Love
Les Paul - Little Rock Getaway
The Voices Of Walter Schumann - They Call The Wind Maria
Carl Smith If Teardrops Were Pennies
Hank Snow - Music Makin' Mama From Memphis
Jo Stafford - A Sunday Kind Of Love
Kay Starr - Kay Angry
Sarah Vaughan - I Ran All The Way Home
sarah Vaughan - Vanity
Jimmy Wakely - Beautiful Brown Eyes
x***@ymail.com
2008-12-21 09:16:10 UTC
This is the Final List of Personal Nominations with as many Record
Numbers as it was possible to track down.

Leroy Anderson - The Syncopated Clock (Decca 40201)
Eddy Arnold - May The Good Lord Bless And Keep You
The Bell Sisters - Bermuda (RCA 47-4422)
Champ Butler - Down Yonder (Columbia 39533)
Rosemary Clooney - Suzy Snowflake
Perry Como - Hello Young Lovers (RCA 47-4112)
Perry Como & the Fontane Sisters - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like
Christmas
Doris Day - The Lullaby Of Broadway
Margie Day & the Griffin Brothers - Little Red Rooster (Dot 1019)
Ramblin' Jimmie Dolan - The Hot Rod Race
Georgia Gibbs - While You Danced, Danced, Danced (Mercury 5681)
The Ink Spots - If
Louis Jordan - Lemonade (Decca 27324)
Stan Kenton - September Song (Capitol 1480)
Frankie Laine - The Gang That Sang Heart Of My Heart
Joe Liggins - Little Joe's Boogie
Ethel Merman & Dick Haymes - You're Just In Love
Les Paul - Little Rock Getaway (Capitol 1316)
Johnnie Ray - Please Mr. Sun (Columbia 39631)
The Voices Of Walter Schumann - They Call The Wind Maria (Capitol
1812)
Carl Smith - If Teardrops Were Pennies
Hank Snow - Music Makin' Mama From Memphis
Jo Stafford - A Sunday Kind Of Love
Sarah Vaughan - I Ran All The Way Home (Columbia 39576)
Jimmy Wakely - Beautiful Brown Eyes (Capitol)
The Billy Williams Quartet - Shanghai (M-G-M 10998)

The Ames Brothers - Hawaiian War Chant (Coral 60510)
Eddy Arnold - Somebody's Been Beatin' My Time
Teresa Brewer - Longing For You
Rosemary Clooney - If Teardrops Were Pennies (Columbia 39535)
Nat "KIng" Cole - Always You (Capitol 1401)
Cowboy Copas - Strange Little Girl
Les Compagnons De La Chanson - The Three Bells (Columbia 39657)
The Fontane Sisters - Castle Rock
The Four Knights - I Love The Sunshine Of Your Smile (Capitol 1587)
Lefty Frizzell - Travelin' Blues
Georgia Gibbs - Tom's Tune (Mercury 5644)
Frankie Laine - One For My Baby
Peggy Lee - I Get Ideas
Helen O'Connell - Would I Love You
Patti Page - And So To Sleep Again (Mercury 5706)
The Pinetoppers - Mockin' Bird Hill
Carl Smith - Let's Live A Little
Kay Starr - Angry
Sarah Vaughan - Vanity
The Weavers - When The Saints Go Marching In (Decca 27670)
Roger Ford
2008-12-21 15:52:44 UTC
Post by x***@ymail.com
[...]

Many of these were 1950 releases and even 1952 (Please Mr Sun for
instance)

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-22 18:42:28 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
I made just one personal nomination to the list.

A pop favorite from the time that hasn't diminished in appeal for me

A huge seller on this side of the pond (there were no charts existing
at this time but if there had been this would have been a #1 hit)

Hoagy Carmichael and "My Resistance Is Low"

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
2008-12-22 19:59:35 UTC
Okay,the time's arrived to start taking PERSONAL NOMINATIONS for the
1951 Singles Battle.
I made just one personal nomination to the list.
A pop favorite from the time that hasn't diminished in appeal for me
A huge seller on this side of the pond (there were no charts existing
at this time but if there had been this would have been a #1 hit)
Hoagy Carmichael and "My Resistance Is Low"
Would you please post (or send) more than a snippet of this.

Thanks.