Tammi Savoy: new talent with a vintage sound
2018-10-02 09:46:25 UTC
Tammi Savoy is a singer from Chicago who just performed at the 2018 New England Shake-Up. She really impressed the rockabilly crowd with her classy R&B and jazz stylings.

This was Tammi's take on LaVern Baker's "Voodoo Voodoo":
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994342397433942/?fref=mentions

And on Sarah Vaughan's "Broken Hearted Melody":
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994342397433942/
DianeE
2018-10-03 03:32:57 UTC
Tammi Savoy is a singer from Chicago who just performed at the 2018 New England Shake-Up. She really impressed the rockabilly crowd with her classy R&B and jazz stylings.
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994342397433942/?fref=mentions
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994342397433942/
-------------
Both these links are to "Voodoo Voodoo," which is not the one I wanted
to hear!
Dean F.
2018-10-03 05:09:11 UTC
Both these links are to "Voodoo Voodoo," which is not the one I wanted
to hear!
Goddammit! OK, try this one:

https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994336820767833/
DianeE
2018-10-04 01:48:00 UTC
Both these links are to "Voodoo Voodoo," which is not the one I wanted
to hear!
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994336820767833/
----------
That doesn't work at all. I suppose you have to log in to Facebook to
hear it. From the little I heard of the other song she sounds quite
promising. Hope you'll let us know when she turns up on youtube.
SavoyBG

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tammi+Savoy
DianeE
2018-10-04 02:06:20 UTC
Both these links are to "Voodoo Voodoo," which is not the one I wanted
to hear!
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994336820767833/
----------
That doesn't work at all. I suppose you have to log in to Facebook to
hear it. From the little I heard of the other song she sounds quite
promising. Hope you'll let us know when she turns up on youtube.
She's on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tammi+Savoy
------------
I just found that out for myself....here's a good 'un, standup bass and all:

Jim Colegrove
2018-10-04 03:49:15 UTC
Both these links are to "Voodoo Voodoo," which is not the one I wanted
to hear!
https://www.facebook.com/dean.fiora/videos/994336820767833/
----------
That doesn't work at all. I suppose you have to log in to Facebook to
hear it. From the little I heard of the other song she sounds quite
promising. Hope you'll let us know when she turns up on youtube.
She's on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tammi+Savoy
Tammy Savoy and Chris Casello are on the cover of #115 Summer 2018
Blue Suede News.
Dean F.
2018-10-05 08:23:45 UTC
And deservedly so!
Will Dockery
2018-10-03 17:32:50 UTC
I love this, and am passing the link along...
Dean F.
2018-10-03 23:26:03 UTC
Glad to hear it!
Will Dockery
2018-10-19 15:37:50 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I love this, and am passing the link along...
Glad to hear it!

Love that guitarist with her, also...