Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - February - Round 1 - Group 2
2020-02-10 14:34:59 UTC

I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers

True Love Can Be - Ron Holden

Flip, Flip - The Vons

You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes

SavoyBG
2020-02-10 14:35:28 UTC

1. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers
2. You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes
3. True Love Can Be - Ron Holden
4. Flip, Flip - The Vons
Jim Colegrove
2020-02-10 14:51:15 UTC
1. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers

2. Flip, Flip - The Vons

3. True Love Can Be - Ron Holden

4. You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes
Steve Mc

2020-02-10 15:58:53 UTC
RANKINGS

1. True Love Can Be - Ron Holden
2. Flip Flip - The Vons
3. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers
4. You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes
Dennis C
2020-02-10 16:40:00 UTC
The Wilson Brothers harmonizing again, baby!!
SavoyBG
2020-02-10 16:59:39 UTC
The Wilson Brothers harmonizing again, baby!!
Not only did Dennis rarely get to sing on any records, Brian did not even let him play drums on many records either. He told him he was a "pounder" and used Hal Blaine instead. Here's one that Dennis sang:

Dennis C
2020-02-10 17:35:49 UTC
Dennis "pounded" more tail than his two brothers combined, baby!!
SavoyBG
2020-02-10 17:41:48 UTC
Dennis "pounded" more tail than his two brothers combined, baby!!
Yes, he was the real cool guy who actually surfed, and Brian and Carl looked like Pillsbury Dough Boys.
Dennis C
2020-02-10 17:44:45 UTC
Let Hal Blaine beat his own skins and I'll paradiddle the pudenda, baby!!

Dennis had it made!!
Dennis C
2020-02-10 16:38:49 UTC
1- Ron Holden

2- Vons

3- Sonny Cole

4- Five Blue Notes
DianeE
2020-02-10 17:03:04 UTC
1-You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes

I don't like any of the remaining three. Each one is worse than the
last. I'll just rank them in the order they came in.
2-I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers
3-True Love Can Be - Ron Holden
4-Flip, Flip - The Vons
SavoyBG
2020-02-10 17:42:38 UTC
You must be lost. This is the "1950s Music" Newsgroup!
Mark Dintenfass
2020-02-10 17:23:45 UTC
1. You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes
2. True Love Can Be - Ron Holden
3. Flip, Flip - The Vons
4. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers
SavoyBG
2020-02-10 17:40:01 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS (same order as mine)

1. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole and the Rhythm Roamers - 26
2. You Gotta Go Baby - Five Blue Notes - 23

3. True Love Can Be - Ron Holden - 21
4. Flip, Flip - The Vons - 20

Steve's Sonny Cole win the group. Rick's 5BN finishes up with 3 first place votes after 3 last place votes, and secures the second spot to advance. Carl's Holden and Rick's Vons each flopped.
DianeE
2020-02-10 19:49:07 UTC
That's Jim's Vons, not Rick's.
SavoyBG
2020-02-10 21:35:01 UTC
Steve's Sonny Cole win the group. Rick's 5BN finishes up with 3 first place votes after 3 last place votes, and secures the second spot to advance. Carl's Holden and Rick's Vons each flopped.
That's Jim's Vons, not Rick's.
Oops