Comedian/Singer Freddie Starr Dead at 76
2019-05-09 22:43:11 UTC
https://news.sky.com/story/freddie-starr-found-dead-at-spanish-home-reports-11715784

Comedian/Singer Freddie Starr dead at 76.

recorded 1958's "It's Only Make Believe." Not the worst but far from the best.

Ray Arthur
Roger Ford
2019-05-10 07:03:51 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
https://news.sky.com/story/freddie-starr-found-dead-at-spanish-home-reports-11715784
Comedian/Singer Freddie Starr dead at 76.
recorded 1958's "It's Only Make Believe." Not the worst but far from the best.
Big comedy figure here in the 70's and 80's with many TV appearances
including his own show. Huge Elvis fan who did a musical tribute to
his hero on most of his live appearances.

His spotty recording career started with some now very sought after
"Freddie Starr & The Midnighters" singles on Decca in 1963/1964 very
much in the then hugely popular "merseybeat" groove (he was from
Huyton near Liverpool) and later included revivals of several on-topic
here songs like "It's Only Make Believe","Will You Love Me
Tomorrow","Bad Boy" (the Marty Wilde song) etc etc.

Not exactly my cup of tea musically but he was a pretty funny guy on
TV,very good with visual jokes and could make me laugh--unlike the
dreadful left wing politically slanted 'every other word is "fuck" '
crap that passes for comedy today.

R.I.P