Peppy Prince (with The Flames): "Sugar Man" - SELECTIVE 118; MARCH 1950
2021-03-19 19:29:29 UTC
https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/peppy-prince-sugar-man-selective-118/

YOUTUBE -

SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 3/10
DianeE
2021-03-19 20:30:21 UTC
https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/peppy-prince-sugar-man-selective-118/
YOUTUBE - http://youtu.be/4lsoznVINL0
SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 3/10
----------
A record that can't seem to make up its mind--does it want to be a vocal
or an instrumental? Personally I think it would have done better as an
instrumental with a few well-placed verbal accents.
Sav...@aol.com
I like it, but the sound quality is shit.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-19 22:31:45 UTC

As in maybe a hiccup or two ?
DianeE
2021-03-20 10:33:35 UTC
Personally I think it would have done better as an
instrumental with a few well-placed verbal accents.
As in maybe a hiccup or two ?
-----------
Hiccups aren't *verbal*. Vocal, but not verbal. I was thinking more
like "Tequila!"
DianeE
2021-03-20 14:00:05 UTC
https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/peppy-prince-sugar-man-selective-118/
YOUTUBE - http://youtu.be/4lsoznVINL0
SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 3/10
----------
A record that can't seem to make up its mind--does it want to be a vocal
or an instrumental? Personally I think it would have done better as an
instrumental with a few well-placed verbal accents.
I like it, but the sound quality is shit.
----------
That too.
I definitely like it better than the much-acclaimed record of the same
name by
"Rodriguez."
Roger Ford
2021-03-20 15:26:22 UTC
https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/peppy-prince-sugar-man-selective-118/
YOUTUBE - http://youtu.be/4lsoznVINL0
SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 3/10
----------
A record that can't seem to make up its mind--does it want to be a vocal
or an instrumental? Personally I think it would have done better as an
instrumental with a few well-placed verbal accents.
I'm not crazy about it either. Very average so scores a very average 5

These "Flames" are the group that went through several incarnations
before morphing into "The Hollywood Flames".

This was only their second record and does not match the earlier
"Young Girl" (also on Selective)

2021-03-21 07:23:03 UTC
The vocals are muddy as hell. From what I could hear, though, they reminded me of "The Honeydripper."
Post by DianeE
SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 3/10
I'd give it more like a 5. And it's nothing I would ever need to hear again.