The THIRD "Mean Woman Blues" From 1957
Add Reply
Roger
2024-08-30 13:32:05 UTC
Here's the third version of "Mean Woman Blues" from 1957 - the one that
never gets mentioned since it
was an unreleased demo recorded for King Records (either at Bradley
Studio in Nashville or King Studio in Cincinnati)--and probably recorded
prior to October 1957 since his recordings are mostly catalogued after
then)

It's Rusty York with a version of "Mean Woman Blues" that wouldn't have
kept Jerry Lee or Elvis up nights
---doesn't compare with either IMO but still quite listenable. I have it
as a high 6 on my 1957 favorites list

Bruce
2024-08-30 14:03:24 UTC
Post by Roger
Here's the third version of "Mean Woman Blues" from 1957 - the one that
never gets mentioned since it
was an unreleased demo recorded for King Records (either at Bradley
Studio in Nashville or King Studio in Cincinnati)--and probably recorded
prior to October 1957 since his recordings are mostly catalogued after
then)
It's Rusty York with a version of "Mean Woman Blues" that wouldn't have
kept Jerry Lee or Elvis up nights
---doesn't compare with either IMO but still quite listenable. I have it
as a high 6 on my 1957 favorites list
http://youtu.be/wfbjtWjSaiE
I would think that a "high 6" would be pretty close to the 7 that you
gave to the Elvis version that you only gave a 7 to.
Roger
2024-08-30 18:30:45 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Here's the third version of "Mean Woman Blues" from 1957 - the one that
never gets mentioned since it
was an unreleased demo recorded for King Records (either at Bradley
Studio in Nashville or King Studio in Cincinnati)--and probably recorded
prior to October 1957 since his recordings are mostly catalogued after
then)
It's Rusty York with a version of "Mean Woman Blues" that wouldn't have
kept Jerry Lee or Elvis up nights
---doesn't compare with either IMO but still quite listenable. I have it
as a high 6 on my 1957 favorites list
http://youtu.be/wfbjtWjSaiE
I would think that a "high 6" would be pretty close to the 7 that you
gave to the Elvis version that you only gave a 7 to.
Not really,there's about 1000 places between them. The Elvis is a high 7