Obscure but Great: Dusty Brooks - Heaven Or Fire - 1953
Add Reply
RWC
2024-10-11 03:06:50 UTC
Dusty Brooks and His Tones - Heaven Or Fire [Sun 182;b-side] - May 1953

and the single is said to be worth well over $10,000
Roger
2024-10-11 06:03:12 UTC
Post by RWC
Dusty Brooks and His Tones - Heaven Or Fire [Sun 182;b-side] - May 1953
http://youtu.be/4i6Hd3ydP2g
and the single is said to be worth well over $10,000
First I don't care for the record much myself tho the lady has a decent
enough voice

We did find a 78 of this at Select-O-Hits circa 1969 which sold for
about £100 IIRC (it would go for several times that amount today I
imagine)

OK I have two conflicting accounts regarding the origins of the record

It seems certain it was sent to Sam Phillips at Sun by Jim Bulleit in
Nashville and that

1) It was actually recorded by Delta Records in Nashville

or

2) As Ray Funk maintained it was recorded in Denver Colorado in 1952 and
somehow fell into Bulleit's lap from there

Maybe Bruce or Dean can add some more info?
RWC
2024-10-11 12:09:57 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by RWC
Dusty Brooks and His Tones - Heaven Or Fire [Sun 182;b-side] - May 1953
http://youtu.be/4i6Hd3ydP2g
and the single is said to be worth well over $10,000
First I don't care for the record much myself tho the lady has a decent
enough voice
Juanita Brown
Post by Roger
We did find a 78 of this at Select-O-Hits circa 1969 which sold for
about £100 IIRC (it would go for several times that amount today I
imagine)
45cat has "Price Guide: $13254"
Post by Roger
OK I have two conflicting accounts regarding the origins of the record
It seems certain it was sent to Sam Phillips at Sun by Jim Bulleit in
Nashville and that
1) It was actually recorded by Delta Records in Nashville
or
2) As Ray Funk maintained it was recorded in Denver Colorado in 1952 and
somehow fell into Bulleit's lap from there
or
3) it was recorded on the West Coast (Los Angeles?) where Brooks
had been performing:
https://sunrecords.com/artists/dusty-brooks-and-his-tones/

Dusty Brooks And His Tones consisted of
Juanita Brown - Vocals