Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - March - Round 1 - Group 6
SavoyBG
2019-03-09 22:41:41 UTC

Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight

Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard

Come Back To Me - Clicks

Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles

SavoyBG
2019-03-09 22:46:01 UTC
MY RANKINGS

1. Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
2. Come Back To Me - Clicks
3. Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
4. Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard
Rick Schubert
2019-03-09 23:46:22 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
1. Come Back To Me - Clicks
2. Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
3. Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
4. Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard
Steve Mc
2019-03-10 00:08:37 UTC
Pretty good group:

1. Come Back To Me - Clicks
2. Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond
Bob Roman
2019-03-10 01:19:30 UTC
I liked Angie's Uncle Wes a lot better against weaker competition. In this context his vocal sounds pretty weak.

1. Clicks
2. Varetta D.
3. Billy G.
4. Chip Taylor

BR
OleManRiver
2019-03-10 01:52:10 UTC
unknown
2019-03-10 02:06:52 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
Group 6 is now open.
1. Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight

2. Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard

3. Come Back To Me - Clicks

4. Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
unknown
2019-03-10 02:37:42 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
Group 6 is now open.
After 6 votes, and just counting on my fingers (like Diane), it's clear that the
Clicks and Billy Gayles are going thru. Next round, Brucie.

Initially, I had Varetta at #4, but after playing her song on auto repeat while
doing something else, it grew on me, and eventually she eclipsed the Clicks and
Billy Gayles.
Post by SavoyBG
Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
http://youtu.be/NttrLgQH1rA
Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard
http://youtu.be/wWPqeV_d2PQ
Come Back To Me - Clicks
http://youtu.be/d0tGHgEfQlM
Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
http://youtu.be/LuZWho-q11w
SavoyBG
What are you, a monkey? If you hear a song enough times it gets better?
unknown
No, a 300-pound "inculturated" gorilla.
Dennis C
2019-03-10 04:08:12 UTC
Geoffrey Kong?
unknown
2019-03-10 04:20:29 UTC
Post by Dennis C
Geoffrey Kong?
That could be my cousin, in the Santa Cruz Mountains. You know him?
Roger Ford
2019-03-10 04:27:12 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
Come Back To Me - Clicks
Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

DianeE via Google
2019-03-10 05:11:07 UTC
1- Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
4- Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
Bill B
2019-03-10 12:12:47 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
1
Post by SavoyBG
Come Back To Me - Clicks
http://youtu.be/d0tGHgEfQlM
2 Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/NttrLgQH1rA
Geoff, pretty good Rockabilly
3 Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/wWPqeV_d2PQ
4 Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
http://youtu.be/LuZWho-q11w
Mark Dintenfass
2019-03-10 13:48:11 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles
Come Back To Me - Clicks
_________
Remove xx's from address to reply
SavoyBG
2019-03-10 13:30:46 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS

Come Back To Me - Clicks- 35
Do Right Baby - Billy Gayles - 33

Midnight Blues - The Town Three feat. Wes Voight - 24
Them There Eyes - Varetta Dillard - 18

This result was clear cut as we eliminated Varetta and Wes.