Who was Baby Ray on Imperial?
Ralph Parker
2007-11-03 16:17:38 UTC
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in the group might
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rockin' Ralph

BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES'
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 9335

SONGS:

THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND
HARPOON MAN
SADIE (THE AVON LADY)
MERCY HAVE PITY
WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET MARRIED
VALLEY OF TEARS
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HILL
WHAT AM I LIVING FOR
THE WILD SIDE OF LIFE
SAVING MY LOVE FOR YOU
JUST BECAUSE
PROMISED LAND
DianeE
2007-11-03 16:22:07 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in the group might
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.
---------------
Whitburn gives his name as Ray Eddlemon.

DianeE
Ralph Parker
2007-11-03 18:57:37 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.
---------------
Whitburn gives his name as Ray Eddlemon.
DianeE
Could it have been Ray Stevens recording under a pseudonym, as rumored?
A listener friend of mine has the record.

Rockin' Ralph
Paulie Peanuts
No, Ray could not sound like this guy.
Todd Lucas
In addition, these two are paired on 45. Pretty good record.
Roger Ford
2007-11-04 11:43:49 UTC
Post by Todd Lucas
Post by Ralph Parker
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in the group might
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rockin' Ralph
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES'
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 9335
THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HILL
In addition, these two are paired on 45. Pretty good record.
I also have his decent version of Dallas Frazier's "Elvira" that came
out on Imperial in 1967.

ROGER FORD
-----------------------
an extra "b" in my e-mail address (***@bblueyonder.co.uk).
Robert J. Boyne
2007-11-04 03:30:20 UTC
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:17:38 -0700, Ralph Parker
Post by Ralph Parker
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in the group might
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rockin' Ralph
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES'
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 9335
SADIE (THE AVON LADY)
Is this the same song as "Sadie (The Cleaning Lady)"?

Robert The Curious.
--
Robert J. Boyne.Tradewinds Real Estate.North Vancouver/British Columbia.Cell.604-644-6973.
" I have the good sense to know that unheard songs are often sweeter".
Home page - www.2realtyguys.com
Frank Calabrese
2007-11-04 11:51:37 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in the group might
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperial Records.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rockin' Ralph
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES'
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 9335
SADIE (THE AVON LADY)
Is this the same song as "Sadie (The Cleaning Lady)"?
If it's credited to Madara/White, then it would indeed be the same
song as sung by Mr John(n)y Farnham :-)

Frank
DavidEddlemon
2010-05-13 23:05:10 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
A friend of mine asked me this--and thought maybe someone in th
group migh
Post by Ralph Parker
know. Who was Baby Ray? He recorded this album on Imperia
Records
Post by Ralph Parker
Any help would be appreciated
Rockin' Ralp
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 933
SONGS
THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIN
HARPOON MA
SADIE (THE AVON LADY
MERCY HAVE PIT
WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET MARRIE
VALLEY OF TEAR
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HIL
WHAT AM I LIVING FO
THE WILD SIDE OF LIF
SAVING MY LOVE FOR YO
JUST BECAUS
PROMISED LAN
Good Day! My name is David Michael Eddlemon
son of Michael Ray Eddlemon, Son of "Baby" Ray Eddlemon.
am researching some info on my grandfather and noticed a fe
questions out there! So to give a true answer to all, yes his nam
was Ray Eddlemon and to Robert the curious, Sadie the Avon lady wa
one of his songs from his "where Soul Lives" Album. Trac
9. If there are any further questions out there for those who ar
interested to knowing about my grandfather, I will do my best t
answer your question
Jyrki Ilva
2010-05-14 18:17:56 UTC
Good Day! My name is David Michael Eddlemon, son of Michael Ray
Eddlemon, Son of "Baby" Ray Eddlemon. I am researching some info on
my grandfather and noticed a few questions out there! So to give
a true answer to all, yes his name was Ray Eddlemon and to Robert
the curious, Sadie the Avon lady was one of his songs from his
"where Soul Lives" Album.
I've had the "Where Soul Lives" album (which I picked up
from a Finnish second hand shop) for nearly twenty years.
The sleeve does not not contain a photograph of him (this
seems to have been fairly common with mid-sixties Imperial
albums), and as far as I can recall, I've never seen
a picture of him.

My favorite song on the album is "Saving My Love For You",
a Tommy Boyce - Bobby Hart composition which is a quite
impressive soul ballad complete with a monologue that
is done somewhat in the Solomon Burke vein.
--
Jyrki Ilva --- Helsinki, Finland, Europe *
--- ***@cc.helsinki.fi *
--- http://www.helsinki.fi/~ilva/ *
DavidEddlemon
2010-05-15 02:48:35 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
Any help would be appreciated
Rockin' Ralp
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 933
SONGS
THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIN
HARPOON MA
SADIE (THE AVON LADY
MERCY HAVE PIT
WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET MARRIE
VALLEY OF TEAR
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HIL
WHAT AM I LIVING FO
THE WILD SIDE OF LIF
SAVING MY LOVE FOR YO
JUST BECAUS
PROMISED LAN
Sadly, I only got to meet him once before h
died and that was about 10 years ago I think? I also don't remembe
much of what he looked like. I can ask my dad if he has any picture
of him from around that time and if he doesn't, I'm positive m
grandmother has one. According to my dad, the picture of the steps o
the album was at their old house when he was growing up
DavidEddlemon
2011-08-18 04:10:21 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
Any help would be appreciated
Rockin' Ralp
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 933
SONGS
THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIN
HARPOON MA
SADIE (THE AVON LADY
MERCY HAVE PIT
WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET MARRIE
VALLEY OF TEAR
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HIL
WHAT AM I LIVING FO
THE WILD SIDE OF LIF
SAVING MY LOVE FOR YO
JUST BECAUS
PROMISED LAN
Correction (a year later) My dad informed m
that the steps on the cover was NOT from their home, but from
random house in a run down neighborhood. Ray wanted to find a pictur
like that. The reason he did not include his picture is because he wa
thought to have been black (no offense to anyone) because of the deep
soulful tone in his singing and he did not want to mess up his imag
with any of his fans
DavidEddlemon
2011-09-02 21:54:24 UTC
Post by Ralph Parker
Any help would be appreciated
Rockin' Ralp
BABY RAY LP. 'WHERE SOUL LIVES
IMPERIAL RECORDS, NO. LP 933
SONGS
THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR MIN
HARPOON MA
SADIE (THE AVON LADY
MERCY HAVE PIT
WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET MARRIE
VALLEY OF TEAR
THE HOUSE ON SOUL HIL
WHAT AM I LIVING FO
THE WILD SIDE OF LIF
SAVING MY LOVE FOR YO
JUST BECAUS
PROMISED LAN
WHERE SOUL LIVE

These are not in any particular Order... Just how my grandma Terr
converted them. I ripped the disc she sent me, converted to mp
format, the edited the file to increase volume and remove the silenc
before and after each track. I'm uploading them in FLV format as thi
appears to be the best format according to the forum moderators
These are being uploaded for listening purposes only and I will no
be held responsible for any downloading :D Not that the musi
company would go after a family member or even if they are stil
around for that matter lo

Going to add the last couple songs to my next post since I've hi
max.

David Eddlemo

View the attachments for this post at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=115930422#11593042