Stranded In The Jungle - part 2
Add Reply
Bruce
2024-08-24 18:57:46 UTC
I don't even remember ever knowing about this record. It's the Pharaohs,
Richard Berry's group from 1956.

RWC
2024-08-25 00:13:03 UTC
Post by Bruce
I don't even remember ever knowing about this record. It's the Pharaohs,
Richard Berry's group from 1956.
http://youtu.be/PwKKtwH4e_8
The Pharaohs Featuring Rickey on [Class 202;;Hollywood]

Rickey, not surprisingly, is Richard Berry.

The recording sounds awful and it's not the YT link or The Pharaohs
- in my mind the fault lies with the technicalities and/or arrangement
of the studio recording - managed by engineers, arrangers, producers?

image of early 30s orchestra leader and Class label owner, Leon René
(b. Covington, Louisiana in 1902)
wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Ren%C3%A9