TEN FAVE ALBUM TRACKS FROM....1957
Add Reply
Roger
2024-08-29 16:50:08 UTC
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists

Today………from 1957

None of these were issued as singles in USA

** indicates a single release here in UK

Nat "King" Cole|When I Fall In Love|Capitol W824|1957 **

The Crickets|You’ve Got Love|Brunswick BL54038|1957

Fats Domino|Hey! Fat Man|Imperial LP9038|1957

The Everly Brothers|Hey Doll Baby|Cadence CLP3003|1957

Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **

Little Richard|Oh Why?|Specialty SP100|1957

Elvis Presley|Santa Claus Is Back In Town|RCA LOC1035|1957 **

Frank Sinatra|The Lady Is A Tramp|Capitol W912|1957

The Spaniels|This Is A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening|Vee Jay
LP1002|1957

Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps|Red Blue Jeans And A Pony Tail|Capitol
T811|1957

Steve Mc
2024-08-29 19:57:48 UTC
Post by Roger
Elvis Presley|Santa Claus Is Back In Town|RCA LOC1035|1957 **
http://youtu.be/Ae7CtryWCkc
One of my Elvis 10s.
--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond
Roger
2024-08-29 20:53:24 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by Roger
Elvis Presley|Santa Claus Is Back In Town|RCA LOC1035|1957 **
http://youtu.be/Ae7CtryWCkc
One of my Elvis 10s.
It's not too far off that for me either. A high 9 on my list

Here's my 1957 Elvis Top 10

Rated 10

1. Jailhouse Rock
2. All Shook Up

Rated 9

3. Santa Claus Is Back In Town

Rated 8

4. Got A Lot O’ Lovin’ To Do
5. Baby I Don’t Care
6. Treat Me Nice
7. Blue Christmas
8. Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)
9. I Beg Of You
10. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
Bruce
2024-08-30 01:27:53 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by Steve Mc
Post by Roger
Elvis Presley|Santa Claus Is Back In Town|RCA LOC1035|1957 **
http://youtu.be/Ae7CtryWCkc
One of my Elvis 10s.
It's not too far off that for me either. A high 9 on my list
Here's my 1957 Elvis Top 10
Rated 10
1. Jailhouse Rock
2. All Shook Up
Rated 9
3. Santa Claus Is Back In Town
Rated 8
4. Got A Lot O’ Lovin’ To Do
5. Baby I Don’t Care
6. Treat Me Nice
7. Blue Christmas
8. Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)
9. I Beg Of You
10. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
My own list of Elvis 1957.

TENS
11 ¦ All Shook Up ¦ Elvis Presley
27 ¦ Got A Lot O'Living To Do ¦ Elvis Presley
28 ¦ Jailhouse Rock ¦ Elvis Presley
33 ¦ Too Much ¦ Elvis Presley

NINES
57 ¦ Blue Christmas ¦ Elvis Presley
62 ¦ Treat Me Nice ¦ Elvis Presley
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley

EIGHTS
122 ¦ (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear ¦ Elvis Presley
128 ¦ Baby I Don't Care ¦ Elvis Presley
160 ¦ Party ¦ Elvis Presley
Playlist
2024-08-29 20:40:37 UTC
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Today………from 1957
None of these were issued as singles in USA
** indicates a single release here in UK
https://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=E6mz5V9WECc,n85qlxnLshA,SePIH4DbtK0,I0Llo2_5zv0,vmKk6a49iPk,XDwRMdk_0X0,Ae7CtryWCkc,rnznDgvfF1g,y9SA1LrnS6U,e-H1_ony658,

01. Nat "King" Cole|When I Fall In Love|Capitol W824|1957 **

02. The Crickets|You’ve Got Love|Brunswick BL54038|1957

03. Fats Domino|Hey! Fat Man|Imperial LP9038|1957

04. The Everly Brothers|Hey Doll Baby|Cadence CLP3003|1957

05. Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **

06. Little Richard|Oh Why?|Specialty SP100|1957

07. Elvis Presley|Santa Claus Is Back In Town|RCA LOC1035|1957 **

08. Frank Sinatra|The Lady Is A Tramp|Capitol W912|1957

09. The Spaniels|This Is A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening|Vee Jay
LP1002|1957

10. Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps|Red Blue Jeans And A Pony
Tail|Capitol T811|1957
Bruce
2024-08-29 22:44:22 UTC
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
BobRoman
2024-08-30 02:27:42 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
That's why he marked it as an EP -- Sun EPA 107

He also marked it as a UK single with his **
Over there it was the B-side of Great Balls of Fire -- London Records
HLS.8529

BR
Bruce
2024-08-30 02:44:25 UTC
Post by BobRoman
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
That's why he marked it as an EP -- Sun EPA 107
He also marked it as a UK single with his **
Over there it was the B-side of Great Balls of Fire -- London Records
HLS.8529
Okay, but why include a song that was not on an album on a list of
favorite album tracks?
Roger
2024-08-30 05:23:41 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
"Mean Woman Blues" was the flipside of "Great Balls Of Fire" here in
December 1957

https://www.45cat.com/record/hls8529

It was never on an LP here until 1966 when London included it on the
compilation "Whole Lotta Shakin'
Goin' On" album

https://www.discogs.com/master/420180-Jerry-Lee-Lewis-Whole-Lotta-Shakin-Goin-On
Bruce
2024-08-30 05:33:07 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
"Mean Woman Blues" was the flipside of "Great Balls Of Fire" here in
December 1957
https://www.45cat.com/record/hls8529
It was never on an LP here until 1966 when London included it on the
compilation "Whole Lotta Shakin'
Goin' On" album
https://www.discogs.com/master/420180-Jerry-Lee-Lewis-Whole-Lotta-Shakin-Goin-On
So why is it on this list?

The title is "Ten Fave Album Tracks From 1957." It's not "Ten fave non
singles from 1957."
Roger
2024-08-30 05:49:05 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Post by Bruce
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Jerry Lee Lewis|Mean Woman Blues|Sun EPA107|1957 **
http://youtu.be/vmKk6a49iPk
This is not on ANY album here. Just an EP. Was it on an album over
there?
"Mean Woman Blues" was the flipside of "Great Balls Of Fire" here in
December 1957
https://www.45cat.com/record/hls8529
It was never on an LP here until 1966 when London included it on the
compilation "Whole Lotta Shakin'
Goin' On" album
https://www.discogs.com/master/420180-Jerry-Lee-Lewis-Whole-Lotta-Shakin-Goin-On
So why is it on this list?
The title is "Ten Fave Album Tracks From 1957." It's not "Ten fave non
singles from 1957."
It's on the list because if you recall there was some discussion at the
time just before the Album Tracks Battle about the situation with EP
tracks that were not available in any other form (at that time)

This included the three Jerry Lee tracks from the "Great Ball Of Fire"
EP and a couple of Johnny Cash tracks from a Columbia EP IIRC. Maybe
there were a few others

Therefore the definition of "album tracks" was expanded to include
EP-only tracks too
Bruce
2024-08-30 01:49:45 UTC
Here are my 10 favorite LP tracks from 1957 other than the ones that
Roger already listed.

23 ¦ True Fine Mama ¦ Little Richard (Did come out on a single in 1958)
27 ¦ Got A Lot O'Living To Do ¦ Elvis Presley (Was a single in other
countries)
36 ¦ Tell Me How ¦ Crickets (Did come out on a single in 1958)
47 ¦ Baby ¦ Little Richard (Was issued on a single finally in 1960)
57 ¦ Blue Christmas ¦ Elvis Presley (Did not come out on a single until
the mid-1960s)
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
78 ¦ That's The Way To Treat Your Woman ¦ Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson
98 ¦ You Told A Fib ¦ Gene Vincent & Blue Caps
127 ¦ Double Talkin' Baby ¦ Gene Vincent & Blue Caps
128 ¦ Baby I Don't Care ¦ Elvis Presley
Roger
2024-08-30 05:37:33 UTC
Post by Bruce
Here are my 10 favorite LP tracks from 1957 other than the ones that
Roger already listed.
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
If it really was "CLEARLY" the best version then I would agree with you.

But since I rate the immaculate Jerry Lee version light years ahead of
any other (including Elvis and the Orbison version) then this old
chestnut of disagreement between us remains resolutely firmly in place
Bruce
2024-08-30 05:42:04 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by Bruce
Here are my 10 favorite LP tracks from 1957 other than the ones that
Roger already listed.
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
If it really was "CLEARLY" the best version then I would agree with you.
But since I rate the immaculate Jerry Lee version light years ahead of
any other (including Elvis and the Orbison version) then this old
chestnut of disagreement between us remains resolutely firmly in place
LOL

The Warren Phillips and the Rockets version is the second best version
after the Elvis. Both are nines.
RWC
2024-08-30 22:24:32 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by Bruce
Here are my 10 favorite LP tracks from 1957 other than the ones that
Roger already listed.
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
If it really was "CLEARLY" the best version then I would agree with you.
But since I rate the immaculate Jerry Lee version light years ahead of
any other (including Elvis and the Orbison version) then this old
chestnut of disagreement between us remains resolutely firmly in place
How about we let other members/followers of this newsgroup decide for
themselves which version they prefer.

Elvis Presley (Bruce, and likely Steve, and #2 for Roger?)

Jerry Lee Lewis (Roger - claims it's light years ahead...?)

Jim Johnston and The Starlighters - 1958

an hypnotic Rockabilly version that Geoff likes,
light years ahead of the Rusty York version :)

Warren Phillips And The Rockets - 1971 (#2 for Bruce)
being after 1964 it's strictly speaking OT here imo
https://archive.org/details/lp_rocked-out_warren-phillips-and-the-rockets/disc1/02.01.+Mean+Woman+Blues.mp3

Roy Orbison - 1963 (#3 for Roger?)

Cliff Richard & The Shadows - Live in 1960 (great video)

on record:

Ronnie Sundin with Will Jess And His Jesters - 1960 b-side

nevermind the 'quaintness' it must have been just great for the locals
(it makes, for example, "Help Me Rhonda" by the Beach Boys sound
oh so boring in comparison - HMR was played next by YouTube)

Cliff Williams (50s rock artist, not the AC/DC bass guitarist)

The Orbits {Missouri} - 1958-59 Unreleased

hard hitting Rockabilly
Bruce
2024-08-31 01:33:24 UTC
Post by RWC
Warren Phillips And The Rockets - 1971 (#2 for Bruce)
Try 1969
Post by RWC
The Orbits {Missouri} - 1958-59 Unreleased
http://youtu.be/HVR4eG6AIak
hard hitting Rockabilly
This one is good, did not know it.
Roger
2024-08-31 15:15:49 UTC
Post by RWC
Post by Roger
Post by Bruce
Here are my 10 favorite LP tracks from 1957 other than the ones that
Roger already listed.
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
If it really was "CLEARLY" the best version then I would agree with you.
But since I rate the immaculate Jerry Lee version light years ahead of
any other (including Elvis and the Orbison version) then this old
chestnut of disagreement between us remains resolutely firmly in place
How about we let other members/followers of this newsgroup decide for
themselves which version they prefer.
Elvis Presley (Bruce, and likely Steve, and #2 for Roger?)
http://youtu.be/ImKAL0sGSt8
Yep this would be my #2 choice for "Mean Woman Blues"----but some way
after the Champ Jerry Lee
Post by RWC
Jerry Lee Lewis (Roger - claims it's light years ahead...?)
http://youtu.be/BOJl04p5kmk
Of course it is!
http://youtu.be/c40Ce3H0S10
an hypnotic Rockabilly version that Geoff likes,
light years ahead of the Rusty York version :)
I agree that its a good version and yes better than the Rusty York.
Better tan Big O too IMO. My #4 version
Post by RWC
Roy Orbison - 1963 (#3 for Roger?)
http://youtu.be/JBiKfknNZkU
Nope I rate the (sadly fragmented) Mack Allen Smith Sun version from
1959 as my #3 version. Big O probably #5

Bruce
2024-09-01 15:06:36 UTC
Another excellent one from 1957.

Sunday Kind of Love - Del-Vikings
Roger
2024-09-01 20:48:18 UTC
Post by Bruce
Another excellent one from 1957.
Sunday Kind of Love - Del-Vikings
Good choice tho of course it was a single much later on the Mercury
"Celebrity Series" which is how I have it
Roger
2024-08-30 12:25:19 UTC
#15 on my 1957 list and a 10 (and only the FOURTH highest placed LR
number!)---the fact that it was also a single later forbade its use tho
:-C
#66 here and an 8. Was the flipside to "Party" here on a UK single
#118 and an 8
#51 and a 9. Same comments re single as TFM above
#86 here and an 8
Post by Bruce
67 ¦ Mean Woman Blues ¦ Elvis Presley (CLEARLY The best version of this
song!)
JLL OWNS this one!! (#10 on my list and rated 10!). Elvis rates #259 and
a high 7
#870 and a 7
#127 and an 8
#369 and a 7
~71 and an 8
RWC
2024-09-01 22:23:34 UTC
Post by Roger
Ten fave album tracks chosen from my yearly Favorites lists
Today………from 1957
Here is list of 1957 albums (about 110) that might appeal to me (and
perhaps some of them to you).
The intention is to include all Rock and R&B albums that might
appeal to, let's say, under 25s back then, that have some tracks not
issued on a single or EP up to 1964.
I happen to like some Cha Cha, Calypso and other Exotica, so this
music is included too.
Only a few selected Adult Pop albums have been listed (no Sinatra or
Cole but there are two from Julie London - I'm more partial towards
female 'lounge' artists than male).

I'm not holding my breath but if anyone spots one or more albums
where all tracks have been released on a single or EP up to 1964
then please let me know (and they will be removed from list).

And, of course, everybody is welcome to suggest additions - that
seem to meet the selection criteria mentioned above.

"Scat Man" Crothers - LP "Rock 'N Roll With ..." [Tops 1511]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/l1511

Alan Freed & Rock 'N Roll Band - LP "Rock 'n' Roll Dance Party Vol.2"
[Coral 57115]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/crl57115

B. B. King - LP "Singin' The Blues" [Crown 5020]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/clp5020

Barney Kessel - LP "Music To Listen To ... By" [Contemporary 3521]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/c3521

Big Bill Broonzy - LP "... Sings" [Period 1114]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/spl1114

Big Maybelle - LP "... Sings" [Savoy 14005]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg14005

Bill Doggett - LP "Doggett Beat For Dancing Feet" [King 557]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/557

Bill Haley And His Comets - LP "Rockin' The Oldies" [Decca 8569]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dl8569

Billy Ward And His Dominoes - LP "Sea Of Glass" [Liberty 3056]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3056
Billy Ward And The Dominoes - LP "..." [Decca 8621]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dl8621

Billy Williams - LP "..." [Coral 57184]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/crl57184
Billy Williams - LP "Oh Yeah! - It's ... Singing" [Mercury 20317]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20317

Buddy Johnson AHO - LP "Walkin'" [Mercury 20322]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20322

Buddy Knox - LP "..." [Roulette 25003]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/r25003

Charles Brown - LP "Drifting Blues" [Score 4011]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/slp4011

Chuck Berry - LP "Afterschool Session" [Chess 1426]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc933529us

Connee Boswell And Original Memphis Five - LP "... In Hi-FI" [RCA
1426]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1426

Cyde McPhatter And The Drifters - LP "..." [Atlantic 8003]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8003

Dan Terry AHO - LP "Teen Age Dance Party" [Harmony 7002]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/hl7002

Darlene - LP "Darlene Of The Teens" [Disneyland 301]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc707386us

Dave Burgess & His Caribbeans - LP "Calypso In Hi-Fi" [Tops 1565]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/l1565

Del Vikings - LP "They Sing...They Swing" [Mercury 20314]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20314

Della Reese - LP "Melancholy Baby" [Jubilee 1026]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc758942us

Duke Of Iron - LP "Calypso Carnival With ..." [RCA 1386]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1386

Earl Bostic - LP "Dance Time" [King 525]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/525

Eddie Cochran - LP "Singin' To My Baby" [Liberty 3061]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3061

Edmundo Ros AHO - LP "Calypso Man" [London 1711]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/ll1711

Elvis Presley - LP "Elvis' Christmas Album" [RCA LOC 1035]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/loc1035
Elvis Presley - LP "Loving You" [RCA Victor 1515]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1515

Fats Domino - LP "Here Stands Fats Domino" [Imperial 9038]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp9038
Fats Domino - LP "This Is Fats" [Imperial 9040]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp9040

Freddie Bell & Bellboys - LP "Rock & Roll... All Flavors" [Mercury
20289]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20289

Gene Krupa - LP "Krupa Rocks" [Verve 8276]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mgv8276

Gene Vincent And His Blue Caps - LP "..." [Capitol 811]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t811

Georgia Gibbs - LP "Her Nibs" [Coral 57183]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/crl57183

Hank Williams... - LP "Honky-Tonkin'" [MGM E3412]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/e3412
Hank Williams... - LP "Sing Me A Blue Song" [MGM E3560]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/e3560

Ivory Joe Hunter - LP "Ivory Joe Hunter" [Atlantic 8008]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8008us

Jim Lowe - LP "Songs They Sing Behind The Green Door" [Dot 3051]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dlp3051

Jimmie Rodgers - LP "..." [Roulette 25020]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/sr25020

Joe Houston - LP "Rock And Roll With ..." [Tops 1518]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/l1518
Joe Houston - LP "Rocks And Rolls All Nite Long" [Crown 5006]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc619056us

Johnnie Ray - LP "The Big Beat" [Columbia 961]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/cl961

Johnny Cash - LP "With His Hot And Blue Guitar" [Sun 1220]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp1220

Johnny Otis - LP "Rock & Roll Hit Parade Volume One" [Dig 104]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc918946us

Julie London - LP "About The Blues" [Liberty 3043]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3043
Julie London - LP "Make Love To Me" [Liberty 3060]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3060

La Playa Sextet / Al Castellanos And Orch - LP "A Mardi Gras Of Cha
Cha Cha Hits" [Mardi-Gras 5007]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp5007

La Vern Baker - LP "La Vern" [Atlantic 8002]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc935800us
La Vern Baker - LP "..." [Atlantic 8007]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8007

Les Baxter - LP "Skins!" [Capitol 774]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t774

Les Paul And Trio - LP "..." [Tops 1602]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/l1602
Les Paul And Trio - LP "More Of Les] [Decca 8589]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dl8589

Little Richard - LP "Here's Little Richard" [Specialty 100]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/sp100

Little Walter - LP "The Best Of ..." [Chess 1428]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp1428

Lonnie Donegan - LP "An Englishman Sings American Folk Songs" [Mercury
20229]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20229

Lord Beginner, Tony Johnson And The Torpedo - LP "Caribbean Calypsos"
[Capitol 10071]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t10071

Lord Flea & His Calypsonians - LP "Swingin' Calypsos" [Capitol 842]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t842us

Lord Foodoos & His Calypso Band - LP "Mister Calypso" [Elektra 127]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/ekl127us

Lord Montego & His Calypsonians - LP "Jamaica Calypso" [Audio Fidelity
1832]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/aflp1832

Louis Prima - LP "The Call Of The Wildest" [Capitol 836]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t836

Machito & Afro-Cuban Orchestra - LP "Mambo Holiday" [Harmony 7040]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/hl7040

Martin Denny - LP "Exotica" [Liberty 3034]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3034
Martin Denny - LP "Exotica, Volume II" [Liberty 3077]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lrp3077

Marty Robbins - LP "The Song Of Robbins" [Columbia 976]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/cl976
Marty Robbins - LP "Song Of The Islands" [Columbia 1087]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/cl1087

Meade Lux Lewis - LP "Cat House Piano" [Verve 1006]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mgv1006

Milt Jackson - LP "Plenty, Plenty Soul" [Atlantic 1269]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/1269

Pat Boone - LP "Pat" [Dot 3050]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dlp3050us

Patsy Cline - LP "Patsy Cline" [Decca 8611]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dl8611

Perez Prado - LP "Mambo Happy" [RCA Camden 409]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/cal409
Pérez Prado AHO - LP "Latin Satin" [RCA 1459]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1459

Ray Charles - LP "Ray Charles" [Atlantic 8006]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8006us
Ray Charles - LP "The Great Ray Charles" [Atlantic 1259]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/1259

Red Prysock AHO - LP "The Beat" [Mercury 20307]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20307

Ricky Nelson - LP "Ricky" [Imperial 9048]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lp9048

Ruth Brown - LP "..." [Atlantic 8004]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/nc585748us

Ruth Wallis - LP "Cruise Party" aka "Saucy Calypso" [Wallis Original
15]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/wlp15us

Sam (The Man) Taylor AHO - LP "Prelude To Blues" [MGM E3573]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/e3573

Sil Austin AHO - LP "Slow Walk Rock" [Mercury 20237]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20237us

Sir Freddy Grant's Caribbean Troubadors - LP "Calypso" [Bethlehem
7001]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/bcp7001

Slim Gaillard - LP "... Plays" [Allegro Elite 4050]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/4050

Sonny James - LP "Southern Gentleman" [Capitol T-779]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t779

Sonny Rollins - LP "A Night At The 'Village Vanguard'" [Blue Note
1581]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/blp1581

Tennessee Ernie Ford - LP "Ol' Rockin' Ern" [Capitol T-888]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t888

Teresa Brewer - LP "For Teenagers In Love" [Coral 57135]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/crl57135

The Cadets - B6 Smack Dab In The Middle - LP [Crown 5015]

The Cadillacs - LP "The Fabulous Cadillacs" [Jubilee 1045]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/jgm1045

The Cha Cha Rhythm Boys - LP "All Time Cha-Cha-Cha And Merengue Hit
Parade" [Fiesta 1210]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/flp1210

The Clovers - LP "..." [Atlantic 8009]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8009

The Coasters - LP "..." [Atco 33-101]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/33101

The Crickets - LP "The "Chirping" Crickets" [Brunswick 54038]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/bl54038

The Diamonds - LP "America's Number One Singing Stylists" [Mercury
20309]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20309us

The Everly Brothers - LP "The Everly Brothers" [Cadence 3003]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/clp3003

The La Motta Brothers & The Virgin Islanders - LP "Modern Calypso"
[Vik 1079]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lx1079

The McGuire Sisters - LP "Teenage Party" [Coral 57134]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/crl57134

The Platters - LP "The Flying Platters" [Mercury 20298]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20298

The Sabres - LP "Ridin' High" [RCA 1376]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1376

The Spaniels - LP "Goodnite, It's Time To Go" [Vee-Jay 1002]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/vjlp1002

The Versatones - LP "..." [RCA 1538]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1538

Tito Puente And His Orchestra - LP "Let's Cha Cha With Puente" [RCA
1392]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lpm1392us

Tommy Sands - LP "Steady Date" [Capitol 848]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t848us

Tommy Steele & Steelmen - LP "Rock Around The World" [London 1770]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/ll1770

VA - LP "Basic Cha Cha Cha" [Tico 1032]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/trlp1032

VA - LP "Calypsos 'Too Hot To Handle'" [Monogram 837]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/837

VA - LP "Dance The Rock & Roll" [Atlantic 8013]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/8013

VA - LP "Everybody Rocks" [Capitol 1025]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/t1025us

VA - LP "Hillbilly Hit Parade Vol. 1 [Mercury Starday 20282]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20282

VA - LP "Rock All Night!" [Mercury 20293]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mg20293

VA - LP "Teen Time" [Verve 2083]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mgv2083

VA - LP "The Best Vocal Groups In Rock 'N Roll" [Dooto 224]
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/dl224
RWC
2024-09-02 15:09:23 UTC
Post by RWC
I'm not holding my breath but if anyone spots one or more albums
where all tracks have been released on a single or EP up to 1964
then please let me know (and they will be removed from list).
I've quickly changed my mind on removing from list.

I've just been looking into this album:
VA - "Teen Time" [Verve 2083] - Dec 1957
https://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/mgv2083

All tracks had been, in the same year, released on Verve singles.
But there are 4 tracks which are not in my library, which means
they are, for me at least, obscurities to be listened to and
potentially enjoyed for the first time.

Tracks not in my library have the artist prefixed with *,
2 of the 4 tracks cannot be found on YouTube - perhaps they are
lost to history for the masses?:

(btw, Gary Williams is pleasant Country but not 'Teens' imo)

A1 Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance [Verve 10047;b-side] - Apr 1957
A2 Randy Sparks - No, No Napoleon [Verve 10048] - Apr 1957

A3 *Jeff Allen - Last Night [Verve 10096] - Oct 1957

A4 *Rock Murphy And The Rockets - Shortnin' Bread Boogie [Verve
10039;b-side] - Mar 1957

A5 Gary Williams - Travelin' Blues Boy [Verve 10083] - Sep 1957

A6 Ricky Nelson - I'm Walkin' [Verve 10047] - Apr 1957

B1 Ricky Nelson - You're My One And Only Love [Verve 10070] - Aug 1957

B2 *Randy Sparks {w. Barney Kessel Orch.} - Once They Were Young
[Verve 10066] - Jul 1957

B3 Jeff Allen - That'll Be The Day [Verve 10064;b-side] - Jul 1957

B4 Rock Murphy - Electric Guitar Boogie [Verve 10067;b-side] - Aug
1957

B5 *Gary Williams - I'm Gonna Return [Verve 10083;b-side] - Sep 1957

B6 Barney Kessel - Honey Rock [Verve 10070;b-side] - Aug 1957