Bruce's observations
2020-12-25 20:17:14 UTC
Due to the wonders of the New Google Groups....
Sav...@aol.com
2020-12-26 02:16:34 UTC
Since I can't start threads I will use this thread for anything of interest that I come across that I would normally start a thread for. This was the first one:

http://neilsedaka.com/category/videos/

Check out Neil doing songs alone at his piano and posting them.
Sav...@aol.com
2020-12-29 02:56:54 UTC
Just turned this down on Facebook.

Friends

1 Friend Request

Joseph Pecoraro
Dean F.
2020-12-29 03:12:25 UTC
Good move. Besides music posts, all you'd see from that guy is vile right-wing political memes.
DianeE
2020-12-29 13:39:00 UTC
Just turned this down on Facebook.
Friends
1 Friend Request
Joseph Pecoraro
Good move. Besides music posts, all you'd see from that guy is vile right-wing political memes.
----------
And a lot of the music posts are recent disco type records anyhow,
believe it or not.

I still have no reason to regret quitting FB. How about you, Deano?
Still holding out?
Roger Ford
2020-12-29 14:26:56 UTC
Just turned this down on Facebook.
Friends
1 Friend Request
Joseph Pecoraro
Good move. Besides music posts, all you'd see from that guy is vile right-wing political memes.
----------
And a lot of the music posts are recent disco type records anyhow,
believe it or not.
I still have no reason to regret quitting FB. How about you, Deano?
Still holding out?
I'm not on FB much nowadays just don't seem to have the time

And just like religion I don't care much whether people lean to the
left or the right in political opinion.

It's the "far" positions of both that make me cringe sometimes and in
that context there are every bit as many vile far left memes as there
are vile right wing ones

Can you provide some examples of "vile left memes?"
DianeE
2020-12-29 19:19:13 UTC
Just turned this down on Facebook.
Friends
1 Friend Request
Joseph Pecoraro
Good move. Besides music posts, all you'd see from that guy is vile right-wing political memes.
----------
And a lot of the music posts are recent disco type records anyhow,
believe it or not.
I still have no reason to regret quitting FB. How about you, Deano?
Still holding out?
I'm not on FB much nowadays just don't seem to have the time
And just like religion I don't care much whether people lean to the
left or the right in political opinion.
It's the "far" positions of both that make me cringe sometimes and in
that context there are every bit as many vile far left memes as there
are vile right wing ones
-------------
Basically, what we mean by "vile" is not just stupid or crazy, but
actual threats or recommendations of violence--rape, murder, murder
followed by desecration of the corpse, overthrow of the government by
military force, that sort of thing. "Vile" also covers ethnic slurs and
stereotyping of the "Hitler didn't finish the job" type.
This stuff, at least here in the USA, comes exclusively from right-wing
sources. The left says and posts plenty of ludicrous nonsense, but they
don't talk about lynchings, beheadings, or gang rapes the way the right
wing does.
Roger Ford
2020-12-29 19:54:35 UTC
[...]
I didn't want to get into this stuff any deeper than my comments above
but the far left here have made numerous comments and posts about
killing people here especially such prominent right wing figures as
Margaret Thatcher . The current incumbent Boris has has numerous death
threats made against him. The Labour ex-shadow Chancellor (until last
years election) talked about lynching the Tory then-minister Esther
McVey. And several Jewish Labour MPs left the party in disgust over
the often volently anti-Semitic stance of much of the party (which is
still under investigation)

Okay....subject closed!

2020-12-29 20:47:04 UTC
Haha!!

Leftists don't mess around with meanie memes, but maims!!
As in unleashing their BLM and Antifah goons to whack women shop owners in the gut with two- by- fours!!
But that takes place up in Bruce's neck of the woods which render's his "observations" Mr. Magoo- like, baby!!
Dean F.
I'll tell Kyle Rittenhouse you said that.
DianeE
2020-12-30 13:11:46 UTC
Post by Dennis C from Tennessee
Haha!!
Leftists don't mess around with meanie memes, but maims!!
As in unleashing their BLM and Antifah goons to whack women shop owners in the gut with two- by- fours!!
But that takes place up in Bruce's neck of the woods which render's his "observations" Mr. Magoo- like, baby!!
-----------
I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to ("whack women shop
owners in the gut with two- by- fours"). This must have been something
that was hyped on Fox, Newsmax, or OANN or a video that showed up on
your FB feed. I listen to news radio and watch TV news *and* scan the
newspaper every day and nothing like this ever came onto my radar. I'm
not saying it didn't happen, but it probably didn't happen quite the way
the right-wing media says it did.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2020-12-30 14:33:43 UTC
Change your title to "Bruce's OBVERSATIONS" and you"ll be about right, baby!!
Dean F.
2020-12-31 02:26:45 UTC
Post by Dennis C from Tennessee
Change your title to "Bruce's OBVERSATIONS" and you"ll be about right, baby!!
On September 17th, FBI director Christopher Wray testified in front of the House Committee on Homeland Security. At that time, he stated that the biggest domestic terror threat the U.S. currently faces is from white supremacists. During his testimony, Wray never once mentioned Antifa or Black Lives Matter. Why? Because unlike the Dennises of this world, Wray knows the difference between hard facts and partisan propaganda.

Ruminate on that, baby!!
Dean F.
2020-12-31 02:50:31 UTC
Yes, Christopher Fay Wray!! That paragon of truth and rectitude!!
Nice source, Dean!!
Too bad your "sole express" in here is your socio-political spewings, baby!!
Granted, the director of the FBI isn't nearly as credible a source as Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity. Just ask any plumbing-supply salesman.

Presenting people like you with facts is like giving medicine to a corpse.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2020-12-31 14:41:13 UTC
Blah blah blah!!
What makes you such an elitist snob to be so demeaning of one's profession?

I'm not your daddy, Dean. Go suck on your patrIcidic angst elsewhere, baby!!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-03 23:19:11 UTC
Hello Everyone,

I am very sorry to report that my longtime friend and co-founder of the
Time Capsule Show, Tom Luciani, passed away at a Long Island medical
facility last night. Tom suffered a very bad, accidental fall in August
where he hit his head. He was never the same since.

Tom and I were childhood friends, and that continued through college and
beyond. He loved the old group sound, and tried to share it with the New
York audience on WFUV. After the show went off the air, Tom continued in
radio on Long Island playing jazz and big band at night and on weekends
(He was a banker by day). He had a large following.

Tom had a great, professional vocal style that was as good, if not
better, than any deejay in the NY metro area.

Please keep Tom in your prayers.

Joe Marchesani
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-05 20:20:03 UTC
Billy Stewart Documentary Coming

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/billy-stewart/2021/01/03/70e39b44-4b98-11eb-a9f4-0e668b9772ba_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1pzFwW6tGbpM9rZ-KsCHXI29EC4CcNRUk83kFrT-mZUlOu0Bf7libQ8Q0
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-08 04:14:39 UTC
On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 3:20:04 PM UTC-5, ***@aol.com wrote:

Look at this, besides the Gale Storm Dot also released a country cover.

DianeE
2021-01-08 14:04:27 UTC
Look at this, besides the Gale Storm Dot also released a country cover.
http://youtu.be/2pRZBblr2P0
-----------
Mac Wiseman "I Hear You Knocking." Not terrible.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-09 18:12:21 UTC
A genius from Knoxville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3F3syKjqwRyC1aVX5PUn6bz4JQxuX2KsG2NbfPIaSF1IqyS93X6yjzPuc&v=JnGMYl-njsg&feature=youtu.be
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-09 18:33:26 UTC
A genius from Knoxville.
She doesn't sound like a Knoxvillian!@

Probably a Bloomfield transplant, baby!!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-16 04:30:09 UTC
Look at this rug on Sollie McElroy!

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-16 05:43:48 UTC
Rudy West's 5 Keys Group:

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-18 01:51:49 UTC
Guitar Pilgrim's 10 Favorite Electric Guitar Songs Of The 1950s.

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-19 15:28:22 UTC
Jimmie Rodgers died.
DianeE
2021-01-19 20:42:02 UTC
Jimmie Rodgers died.
--------
So you say, but I haven't seen or heard an obituary yet, and Wikipedia,
which usually changes "is" to "was" very promptly, hasn't done so yet.

Jimmy Rogers the blues artist died in 1997. Jimmie Rodgers the Singing
Brakeman died in 1933.

WHERE IS RAY?!!!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-19 22:00:25 UTC
Jimmie Rodgers died.
--------
So you say, but I haven't seen or heard an obituary yet,
https://bestclassicbands.com/jimmie-rodgers-obituary-pop-singer-honeycomb-1-19-21/
Roger Ford
2021-01-20 09:05:01 UTC
Jimmie Rodgers died.
--------
So you say, but I haven't seen or heard an obituary yet, and Wikipedia,
which usually changes "is" to "was" very promptly, hasn't done so yet.
Jimmy Rogers the blues artist died in 1997. Jimmie Rodgers the Singing
Brakeman died in 1933.
WHERE IS RAY?!!!
Multiple sources (including Wki) now agree Rodgers died January 18
2021 aged 87

2021-01-22 05:39:35 UTC
Tonight at 9:21 it was 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century.
Roger Ford
2021-01-22 14:58:23 UTC
Tonight at 9:21 it was 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century.
Shame about the 21st month tho :-(

2021-01-22 19:59:15 UTC
Fats Domino on Ed Sullivan

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-24 16:34:28 UTC
Clovers with Harold Winley in 2018.

Rick Schubert
2021-01-24 23:03:42 UTC
Tonight at 9:21 it was 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century.
I liked that when I read your post and wished I had thought of it myself. But after thinking about
it for a while, the bubble burst for me. Just as this is the 21st Century, 9:21 was the 22nd
minute of the 22nd hour.

To make up for it and to try to bring this on topic, name your 21st favorite song of your 21st
favorite year. I think it might be slightly off topic as my guess is that it would be mid-to-late
'60s.
Sav...@aol.com
No, 9:21 was the 21st minute. When the clock changes to 9:21 it is registering that the 21st minute is now completed.
Rick Schubert
2021-01-25 00:45:01 UTC
Tonight at 9:21 it was 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century.
I liked that when I read your post and wished I had thought of it myself. But after thinking about
it for a while, the bubble burst for me. Just as this is the 21st Century, 9:21 was the 22nd
minute of the 22nd hour.
No, 9:21 was the 21st minute. When the clock changes to 9:21 it is registering that the 21st minute is now completed.
Almost a good save, but not quite. The 21st minute started at exactly 9:20:00 and ended just prior
to 9:21:00. 9:21:00 is not part of the 21st minute but is the start of the 2nd minute.

Still waiting for your 21st favorite song of your 21st favorite year.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-25 05:49:37 UTC
That would be "Tee-Na-Na" by Smiley Lewis.
Rick Schubert
2021-01-25 07:55:52 UTC
I would have expected 1950 to be quite a bit higher for you. What are your top 21 years?
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-25 13:57:25 UTC
Post by Rick Schubert
Still waiting for your 21st favorite song of your 21st favorite year.
That would be "Tee-Na-Na" by Smiley Lewis.
I would have expected 1950 to be quite a bit higher for you. What are your top 21 years?
Okay, I put this together many years ago based on my ratings of records from each year that I had on MP3. By now things may have changed as I acquired more things.

2021-01-29 01:11:43 UTC
Did Dylan steal this for "Don't Think Twice?"

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-29 01:17:13 UTC
Cooke stole this.

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-29 01:29:50 UTC
Did Twitty Steal This?

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-29 01:34:43 UTC
Did Little Richard Steal This?

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-29 01:41:20 UTC
My Ding-A-Ling

md
2021-01-29 03:07:40 UTC
Did Little Richard Steal This?
http://youtu.be/Jum4Qa5bUJI
A great writer once said, "Hacks plagiarize, artists steal."

2021-01-29 16:27:51 UTC
Post by md
Post by ***@aol.com
Did Little Richard Steal This?
http://youtu.be/Jum4Qa5bUJI
A great writer once said, "Hacks plagiarize, artists steal."
And nothing is created in a vacuum.

Dean F.
During a recent pro-Trump demonstration in Washington, D.C., four members of the so-called "Proud Boys" ganged up on a Black man, who defended himself by pulling out a knife and stabbing his attackers. The right-wing media ran with the story, claiming this was a prime example of how Black Lives Matter is a violent terrorist network. Never mind that the man in question never claimed to support, much less belong to, BLM. Never mind also that conservatives claim to fully support the right to defend yourself. Clearly, they only extend that right to their brother and sister neo-fascists.
DianeE
2020-12-29 21:04:12 UTC
[...]
Yes, I suspected it was a US/UK difference. I didn't want to get into
this stuff either but I was so shocked by your remark that I had to
answer it. You've also answered Bruce's question with the above.
Dean F.
2020-12-30 02:06:49 UTC
This stuff, at least here in the USA, comes exclusively from right-wing
sources. The left says and posts plenty of ludicrous nonsense, but they
don't talk about lynchings, beheadings, or gang rapes the way the right
wing does.
Exactly! As I've been saying for years:

The far left destroys property; the far right commits murder. I don't condone either action, but I know which one I find less objectionable.
Dean F.
2020-12-30 05:04:10 UTC
"Both sides are equally as bad" is the lazy man's argument. It also happens to be false.
Sav...@aol.com
2020-12-30 06:10:21 UTC
It's the "far" positions of both that make me cringe sometimes and in
that context there are every bit as many vile far left memes as there
are vile right wing ones
"Both sides are equally as bad" is the lazy man's argument. It also happens to be false.
Definitely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

Right-wing terrorism or far-right terrorism is terrorism that is motivated by a variety of different right-wing and far-right ideologies, most prominently by neo-Nazism, neo-fascism, ecofascism, white nationalism, white separatism, ethnonationalism, religious nationalism, and anti-government patriot/sovereign citizen beliefs and occasionally by anti-abortion and tax resistance.[1] Modern right-wing terrorism largely emerged in Western Europe in the 1970s, and following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, it emerged in Eastern Europe.[2]

Right-wing terrorists aim to overthrow governments and replace them with nationalist and/or fascist regimes.[1] They believe their actions will set in motion events that will ultimately create these authoritarian governments.[3] Although they often take inspiration from Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany with some exceptions, right-wing terrorist groups frequently lack a rigid ideology.[4] Right-wing terrorists tend to target people who they consider members of alien communities, but they may also target political opponents, such as left-wing groups and individuals. The attacks which are perpetrated by right-wing terrorists are not indiscriminate attacks which are perpetrated by individuals and groups which simply seek to kill people; the targets of these attacks are carefully chosen. Because the targets of these attacks are often entire sections of communities, they are not targeted as individuals, instead, they are targeted because they are representatives of groups which the terrorists consider alien

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism

Left-wing terrorism or far-left terrorism, sometimes called Marxist–Leninist terrorism or revolutionary/left-wing terrorism, is terrorism meant to overthrow capitalist systems and replace them with Marxist–Leninist or socialist societies. Left-wing terrorism also occurs within already socialist states as activism against the current ruling government.[1][2] It has taken vivid manifestations across the world and presented diverging dynamics and relationships with national governments and political economies.

Most left-wing terrorist groups that had operated in the 1970s and 1980s disappeared by the mid-1990s. One exception was the Greek Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17N), which lasted until 2002. Since then, left-wing terrorism has been minor in the Western world compared with other forms, and is mostly carried out by insurgent groups in the developing world.[3]

See that last sentence, Roger?

Since then (2002), left-wing terrorism has been minor in the Western world compared with other forms, and is mostly carried out by insurgent groups in the developing world.
Sav...@aol.com
2020-12-30 06:14:24 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism#United_States

Incidents of left-wing terrorism dropped off at the end of the Cold War (circa 1989), partly due to the loss of support for communism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism#United_States

New America's tally shows that 114 people have been killed in right-wing extremist attacks since the September 11 attacks in 2001. Incidents causing death were the following:

2020 Kenosha protests shooting Kenosha, Wisconsin 1 2
2020 2020 boogaloo killings
(murder of a Federal Protective Service officer in Oakland and anti-police ambush in Santa Cruz) Oakland, California
Santa Cruz, California 3 2
2019 El Paso Walmart shooting El Paso, Texas 23 23
2019 Poway synagogue shooting Poway, California 3 1
2018 Jeffersontown Kroger shooting Jeffersontown, Kentucky 0 2
2018 Pittsburgh synagogue shooting Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 7 11
2018 Murder of Blaze Bernstein Orange County, California 0 1
2018 Murder of MeShon Cooper-Williams Kansas City, Missouri 0 1
2017 Murder of Richard Collins III College Park, Maryland 0 1
2017 Car-ramming attack into counter-protesters at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally Charlottesville, Virginia 19 1
2017 Portland train attack Portland, Oregon 1 2
2017 Stabbing of Timothy Caughman New York City, New York 0 1
2015 Shooting at a showing of the film Trainwreck Lafayette, Louisiana 9 2
2015 Planned Parenthood shooting Colorado Springs, Colorado 9 3
2015 Shooting attack on worshippers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Charleston, South Carolina 1 9
2014 Attack on Pennsylvania State Police barracks Blooming Grove, Pennsylvania 1 1
2014 Ambush attack on Las Vegas police officers Las Vegas, Nevada 3
2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting Overland Park, Kansas 3
2013 Los Angeles International Airport shooting attack on TSA officer Los Angeles, California 6 1
2013 Double murder committed by Jeremy Lee Moody and Christine Moody Jonesville, South Carolina 0 2
2012 Ambush attack against St. John the Baptist Parish police St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana 2 2
2012 Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting Oak Creek, Wisconsin 4 6
2011 Tri-state killing spree by white supremacists David Pedersen and Holly Grigsby Multiple 4
2011 FEAR group attacks Georgia 3
2011 Murder of James Craig Anderson Jackson, Mississippi 1