The Last Walz
Add Reply
bbug
2024-08-12 10:41:44 UTC
Kamala Harris' running mate annoys the hell out of me. His cheerleading
makes him look like a fool. I keep thinking he'd be a better circus
ringmaster than a politician.

This looks like one election I'll be sitting out. I vowed never to vote
Republican again when they nominated Trump, but I also said it would
take an exceptional Democrat to get my vote. I'd be iffy on Harris, but
Walz tips the scale for me.
Bruce
2024-08-12 15:11:20 UTC
Post by bbug
Kamala Harris' running mate annoys the hell out of me. His cheerleading
makes him look like a fool. I keep thinking he'd be a better circus
ringmaster than a politician.
I love the guy. Some great lines already like "And that doesn't even
count the crimes HE committed."

He's been a pretty great politician already, serving in the House for
several terms and now a 2 term governor. I think deciding on whether or
not to vote for him based on nothing but what you term as his
"cheerleading" is a very shallow way to evaluate his worthiness.
Thankfully you live in New Jersey, where Harris will win our electoral
votes anyway.
DianeE
2024-08-12 18:17:48 UTC
You don't have to like him. You just have to understand how important
it is to stop Trump. You're not voting for Harris/Walz. You're voting
to STOP TRUMP. Capisce?
Walz tips the scale for me.
Mark D.
2024-08-12 19:51:33 UTC
Post by DianeE
You don't have to like him. You just have to understand how important
it is to stop Trump. You're not voting for Harris/Walz. You're voting
to STOP TRUMP. Capisce?
Amen.

--md

remove "xx" for email
Roger
2024-08-13 19:57:42 UTC
Post by DianeE
You don't have to like him. You just have to understand how important
it is to stop Trump. You're not voting for Harris/Walz. You're voting
to STOP TRUMP. Capisce?
Amen.
If its any consolation to you colonials a few weeks ago (before Mr Biden
gave up the ghost) there was some US clairvoyant on our TV over here who
went thru a long list of predictions she'd had that all came true and
then predicted than come November the USA would be welcoming its first
woman President
Bruce
2024-08-13 22:44:08 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by DianeE
You don't have to like him. You just have to understand how important
it is to stop Trump. You're not voting for Harris/Walz. You're voting
to STOP TRUMP. Capisce?
Amen.
If its any consolation to you colonials a few weeks ago (before Mr Biden
gave up the ghost) there was some US clairvoyant on our TV over here who
went thru a long list of predictions she'd had that all came true and
then predicted than come November the USA would be welcoming its first
woman President
Yes, it will fantastic when this whole Trump nightmare is over for good.
Latest NY Times poll has her points ahead in several swing states now,
and it will get higher. Trump will be demolished in November.
Dean
2024-08-13 05:32:10 UTC
Post by bbug
Kamala Harris' running mate annoys the hell out of me. His cheerleading
makes him look like a fool. I keep thinking he'd be a better circus
ringmaster than a politician.
Now you know how the majority of the world feels about the Apricot
Antichrist. Not to mention his weird-ass running mate.

Of course, what any of this has to do with 1950s music is beyond me.
BobRoman
2024-08-14 00:11:31 UTC
Post by Dean
Of course, what any of this has to do with 1950s music is beyond me.
We were waiting for Shapiro to be Vice President
A Minnesotan I happened to see
I introduced him to Kamalah, and while they were briefing
The Minnesotan became the nominee

I remember the night and ol' Timothy Walz...

BR
Bruce
Good one Bob!
DianeE
2024-08-15 01:19:10 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by BobRoman
Post by Dean
Of course, what any of this has to do with 1950s music is beyond me.
We were waiting for Shapiro to be Vice President
A Minnesotan I happened to see
I introduced him to Kamalah, and while they were briefing
The Minnesotan became the nominee
I remember the night and ol' Timothy Walz...
Good one Bob!
---------
Here's another good one:

This was recorded in November 1950, same session that produced "One
Monkey Don't Stop No Show." Harry Van Walls on piano, Stick McGhee on
guitar, all other musicians--including the tenor sax player!--unknown.

Did you know it, Bruce? I don't think I did.
Roger
2024-08-15 04:59:37 UTC
Post by DianeE
Post by Bruce
http://youtu.be/-CvuRmau_fY
This was recorded in November 1950, same session that produced "One
Monkey Don't Stop No Show." Harry Van Walls on piano, Stick McGhee on
guitar, all other musicians--including the tenor sax player!--unknown.
Did you know it, Bruce? I don't think I did.
It's "Tennessee Waltz Blues" and reached #2 on the Billboard r&b chart.
I used to have the 78 of it.
Bruce
2024-08-15 06:44:16 UTC
Post by Roger
Post by DianeE
Post by Bruce
Post by BobRoman
Post by Dean
Of course, what any of this has to do with 1950s music is beyond me.
We were waiting for Shapiro to be Vice President
A Minnesotan I happened to see
I introduced him to Kamalah, and while they were briefing
The Minnesotan became the nominee
I remember the night and ol' Timothy Walz...
Good one Bob!
---------
http://youtu.be/-CvuRmau_fY
This was recorded in November 1950, same session that produced "One
Monkey Don't Stop No Show." Harry Van Walls on piano, Stick McGhee on
guitar, all other musicians--including the tenor sax player!--unknown.
Did you know it, Bruce? I don't think I did.
It's "Tennessee Waltz Blues" and reached #2 on the Billboard r&b chart.
I used to have the 78 of it.
Certainly I knew it as it was a big hit that I used on my 1951 R&B
series, although I don't like it much.
DianeE
PUN OF THE YEAR!
RWC
2024-08-15 16:31:20 UTC
Post by DianeE
Post by BobRoman
Post by Dean
Of course, what any of this has to do with 1950s music is beyond me.
We were waiting for Shapiro to be Vice President
A Minnesotan I happened to see
I introduced him to Kamalah, and while they were briefing
The Minnesotan became the nominee
I remember the night and ol' Timothy Walz...
--
BR
-----------
PUN OF THE YEAR!
I've attempted to append two more lines.

(the commas and hyphens indicate vocal pauses
- I was following the vocal of Patti Page)

We were waiting, for Shapiro, to be appoin-ted VP
When a Minnesotan, I happened, to see
I introduced him, to Kamala, and while theyyy, were briefing
The Minnesotan, emerged the, nominee

I remember, the night, and ol' Timothy Walz
Now we know, for sure why, Kamala won
Yes, the elec-tion, was sealed, the nightt they chose, the outstanding
Timothy Walz

=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
bbug
2024-08-15 19:07:26 UTC
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal..

They could use "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" for their
negative ads about Trump.
Bruce
2024-08-15 21:40:38 UTC
Post by RWC
=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
It's 2024, dumbass. Today's adults are not at all interested in 1950s
Pop.
RWC
2024-08-16 00:08:34 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by RWC
=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
It's 2024, dumbass. Today's adults are not at all interested in 1950s
Pop.
I didn't say a campaign recording had to be to be arranged and
produced in the style of 1950s pop.
Bruce
2024-08-16 00:54:51 UTC
Post by RWC
Post by Bruce
Post by RWC
=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
It's 2024, dumbass. Today's adults are not at all interested in 1950s
Pop.
I didn't say a campaign recording had to be to be arranged and
produced in the style of 1950s pop.
Today's adults are not very interested in lounge singers. They'd be
better off making a campaign song in the style of Taylor Swift. Maybe
she can make it herself.
RWC
2024-08-16 01:29:46 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by RWC
=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
Today's adults are not very interested in lounge singers. They'd be
better off making a campaign song in the style of Taylor Swift. Maybe
she can make it herself.
The song should appeal to middle-aged and senior folk - the people
who actually get out and vote. How many Swifties (who can be as young
as 7) will be voting in November, and perhaps the lyrics would be a
challenge if they are to appeal to folk aged 20 to 90 - meaning you
might have to choose a target demographic so as to maximise votes.
Alternatively, you could have two or possibly three distinct campaign
songs for different broad age groups.
Jim Colegrove
2024-08-16 03:18:30 UTC
Post by RWC
Post by Bruce
Post by RWC
=================================
another tuneful Patti Page song is Changing Presidents-I-mean-Partners
Perhaps the Democrats could create a catchy campaign song, sung by a
female lounge singer, with broad adult appeal...?
Today's adults are not very interested in lounge singers. They'd be
better off making a campaign song in the style of Taylor Swift. Maybe
she can make it herself.
The song should appeal to middle-aged and senior folk - the people
who actually get out and vote. How many Swifties (who can be as young
as 7) will be voting in November, and perhaps the lyrics would be a
challenge if they are to appeal to folk aged 20 to 90 - meaning you
might have to choose a target demographic so as to maximise votes.
Alternatively, you could have two or possibly three distinct campaign
songs for different broad age groups.
Demographic profile of Taylor Swift fans in the United States as of
March 2023, by generation:

Millennials 45% - 28-43 years old
Baby Boomers 23% - 60-78 years old
Gen X 21% - 44-59 years old
Gen Z 11% - 12-27 years old
Bruce
2024-08-16 03:59:26 UTC
Post by Jim Colegrove
Post by RWC
Post by Bruce
=================================
Geoff is like Trump. He likes to just make up his own "alternate facts."
RWC
2024-08-16 04:59:48 UTC
On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 22:18:30 -0500, Jim Colegrove
Post by Jim Colegrove
Post by RWC
The song should appeal to middle-aged and senior folk - the people
who actually get out and vote. How many Swifties (who can be as young
as 7) will be voting in November, and perhaps the lyrics would be a
challenge if they are to appeal to folk aged 20 to 90 - meaning you
might have to choose a target demographic so as to maximise votes.
Alternatively, you could have two or possibly three distinct campaign
songs for different broad age groups.
Demographic profile of Taylor Swift fans in the United States as of
Millennials 45% - 28-43 years old
Baby Boomers 23% - 60-78 years old
Gen X 21% - 44-59 years old
Gen Z 11% - 12-27 years old
Many thanks, Jim.

"Survey {by Morning Consult} conducted among a representative sample
of 2,204 U.S. adults, including 356 self-identified avid Taylor Swift
fans."

"The Taylor Swift Fandom Is White, Suburban and Leans Democratic.
A slim majority of U.S. adults (53%) identified as fans of Swift."

I'm open minded, but one modest survey does not totally convince me.

Anyway, Taylor Swift, whose net worth is estimated to be $1.3 billion,
*is* a Democrat.

Copilot tells us:
"She has been vocal about her political views, especially since 2018.
Swift has been a strong advocate for LGBTQ+ rights, gender equality,
and gun control, and she has criticized the policies of Republican
Donald Trump.
Her political stance has evolved over the years, and she now uses her
platform to encourage voter participation and support progressive
causes."

Political impact of Taylor Swift - Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_impact_of_Taylor_Swift.
Taylor SwiftÂ’s Politics: A Timeline of Impacts and Criticisms.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/taylor-swift-politics-timeline-impacts-110000149.html.
Everything Taylor Swift Has Said About Donald Trump.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/everything-taylor-swift-has-said-about-donald-trump/ar-AA1oMKX6.
Did Taylor Swift Use Instagram to Subtly Endorse Harris for
President?.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/fact-check-post-claims-instagram-photo-subtly-reveals-taylor-swift-endorsement-of-harris-for-president-here-are-the-facts/ar-AA1oxTUI.

Here are some other famous entertainers who are well-known supporters
of the Democratic Party:

1. **Oprah Winfrey** - A highly influential media mogul who has
consistently supported Democratic candidates and causes.
2. **Beyoncé** - The global music superstar has been vocal about her
support for women's rights and racial equality, aligning with
Democratic values.
3. **George Clooney** - An actor and filmmaker who has actively
campaigned for Democratic candidates and spoken out on various social
issues.
4. **Leonardo DiCaprio** - Known for his environmental activism,
DiCaprio supports Democratic candidates who prioritize climate change
and ecological protection.
5. **Ellen DeGeneres** - The beloved TV host and comedian has used her
platform to promote LGBTQ+ rights and other progressive causes.
6. **Jennifer Lawrence** - An actress who advocates for women's
rights, gun control, and LGBTQ+ rights.
7. **Tom Hanks** - The award-winning actor has been an outspoken
supporter of the Democratic Party, focusing on social and
environmental issues.
8. **Robert De Niro** - Known for his iconic film roles, De Niro has
been a vocal critic of Republican policies and a supporter of
Democratic candidates.
9. **Meryl Streep** - An acclaimed actress with a long history of
political activism, Streep has been a vocal supporter of the
Democratic Party.

These celebrities use their platforms to speak out on various issues,
promote causes, and encourage their fans to participate in politics.

The 22 Most Vocal Celebrities That Support the Democratic Party.
https://inspiredbyinsiders.com/celebrities-supporting-democratic-party/.
Famous Democrats and Republicans: How 45 Top Celebrities Vote -
StyleCaster.
https://stylecaster.com/entertainment/culture/353479/famous-celebrity-democrats-and-republicans/.
19 Famous Musicians Who Are Democrats - Music In Minnesota.
https://www.musicinminnesota.com/famous-musicians-who-are-democrats/.
DianeE
2024-08-16 21:52:02 UTC
Post by Jim Colegrove
Demographic profile of Taylor Swift fans in the United States as of
Millennials 45% - 28-43 years old
Baby Boomers 23% - 60-78 years old
Gen X 21% - 44-59 years old
Gen Z 11% - 12-27 years old
This will come as shocking news to my teenage stepgranddaughters. I
think I won't tell them.